Zoniey's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, June 1st, 2018 1:15 PM

Russian malware

Russian malware Did the FBI instruct everyone to reset their Routers to prevent malicious malware from Russia? I received an email today that mentioned that we were to all reset our router’s.  Also to reset our password and not use the default password. If this was true wouldn’t we have received instructions from AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Sounds like a phishing email to me!  DO NOT follow any links that might be in that email to change your password.

You can reboot your RG/modem if you want.  Do that by pulling the power cord, wait 10 secs. and return the power to the modem.  It will reset.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I didn't receive the email but I've read that the reboot will help the FBI stop the malware. Suggested elsewhere to reset the router and change the password. Also mentioned that the malware only affects older routers from certain manufacturers. No notice from AT&T so far.

1 Message

3 months ago

The Russia-Ukraine war has been a longstanding and complex issue, rooted in historical tensions and geopolitical power struggles. The entire world was shocked on 24 Feb, 2022. I remember, it was Tuesday when news said Vladimir Putin claimed to commence a “special military operation”, thereby beginning a never-ending power clash or, in simpler terms, Russia Ukraine war. Want to know the backstory of what led to this war in Ukraine? Have a look at its in-depth analysis.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.