gulfparkestates's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 20th, 2017 1:22 AM

returned equipment to AT&T store

Will there be a problem with me returning my Gateway/Modem to my local AT& T store.  When I called in for help with my modem,  the AT&T rep told me I could return it to the store.  So I dropped it off tonight around 5:45 at the Ocean Springs, MS store on Bienville Blvd.  The guy at the store said he would  take care of it.   Hope this does not cause a problem not taking it to UPS or Fed Ex office.  Thank you.   Laura ***   Acct #***

[Edited for privacy. This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

Hard to say.  If he gave you a receipt, you should be covered.  If he didn't...

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

You probably should have Googled that first:
https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-tv/KM1009508/

Your three choices for returning equipment are FedEx, UPS or Post Office.  AT&T storefront is "iffy" at best.  Good luck.

(edited)

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

If I were you I would go back to that store and check if they sent the stuff back including your account number.   If not, get the stuff back and use the proper return channels as mentioned above.  I would also check (wait about a week) with, say, tech support or billing (doesn't matter, anyone at the 800 number that has computer access to your account info) so that they can check if the equipment is recorded as returned.  I would do this even when using the proper channels.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Complete hassle.  I returned my equipment after a  Modem upgrade. AT&T hit me with a $150 equipment charge. I have the Equipment Return Receipt and the Fedx waybill. Its been over 120 days. I return my equipment within the 21 day period. They giving me the biggest hassle in the world. I called in 6 times already and everytime. I hear the credit is coming. I check my last three bills and nothing.  I called today and they said., there was some kind of mix up.  I called today after pulling out my equipment return form.   Also, you call in and you can never talk to a supervisor. If you ask, they tell you, he or she Is busy.   What is going on with AT&T. I been with them 16 years.  Unbelievable poor service lately.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.