Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Kota316's profile

1 Message

Monday, March 11th, 2024 12:18 AM

Return equipment

I forgot to return my AT&T equipment after I canceled my service about a year ago. Its been packed in the box I was supposed to return it in put up in my pantry. I didn't remember til I checked my credit karma and saw the outstanding balance from AT&T. Is it too late to return it to at least get some of the amount lowered?

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

2 months ago

Per the TOS you agreed to when establishing the service…

equipment should be returned within 21 days of canceling or be charged.

Can receive a credit if returned within 6 months…

As you state close to a year you owe the full amount and can try to sell the equipment for whatever you can get, or return it to ATT with no credit.

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.HSIAAttTermsofService.html

f. Return of AT&T Equipment:

Except as otherwise provided, AT&T Equipment must be returned to AT&T undamaged, within twenty-one (21) calendar days after your Service is terminated for any reason. If equipment is not returned within twenty-one (21) calendar days, or is returned damaged, you will be charged a Non-Return Equipment Fee. We may retain any advance payment or deposit, or portion thereof that previously had not been refunded, if you fail to return the AT&T Equipment within this time period. If all AT&T Equipment is returned within six (6) months of termination, any fees charged for such AT&T Equipment will be refunded (other than fees for damages). No refunds will be made for AT&T Equipment returned more than six (6) months after termination. This Paragraph also applies if your existing equipment is replaced or upgraded for any reason.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

2 months ago

Since ATT equipment is leased from ATT (and owned by ATT), it would be problematic if you attempt to sell said equipment.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.