akw1967's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 10:19 PM

Return equipment

I cancelled my service and was supposed to get an email about how to return equipments. I haven't received an email yet. I've checked my junk folder too. How long does it take to get the email?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

8 years ago

take your equipment to your local UPS store with your account number, UPS will box it up and send it back to ATT

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

See detailed instructions on how to return your equipment HERE

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you! I wasn't sure if there was anything else I needed. I appreciate your assistance!!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

FYI - here is my current situation.  Good luck finding a "UPS center near you that will accpet it.  .........

In mid-July, I canceled my husband's Uverse account.   He is in a care facility due to dementia.   I have poor vision, and i cannot drive a car.  He moved to another facility that has cable tv.  

You told me that I would need to go to 'MY NEAREST UPS' store in order to return his equipment.  you said - ALL UPS STORES HAVE AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT WITH AT&T AND THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO WITH THE EQUIPMENT."  I went to MY NEAREST UPS STORE.    They had no idea what I was talking about, and said they do not have a relationship with AT&T.   I went back home, and i called you again.   You were puzzled and said you did not know why UPS would not accept the equipment to mail back.   You suggested next that I go to the nearest AT&T store. They would help with this.  I went to AT&T store.  They had no idea what I was talking about, and they said they could not help me.   I contacted you again, and I got the same run around again and again.  It was the same thing "go to your nearest UPS store.  They can help you.  I called the UPS national 800 number.  They had no idea what I was talking about.  They said they did not know anything about a relationship with AT&T.    I called AT&T again, after 30 minutes of the UPS argument, you found out that I would have to drive over 40 miles to a UPS store in another city.  Not my nearest UPS store.  I explained that I cannot drive, I am 82 years old, and I need assistance.  I even asked your for an address where to return the equipment.  YOu said "Im sorry, we don't have an address."  Then a representative named Marilyn said that she would mail me a box with a lable that I could give to MY NEAREST UPS store in the city where I live.   Guess what.  The box never came.   I called again, and I spoke to a represtative of yours in Ohio.  He promised the return box would be shipped.  That was over a week ago.  I called Wednesday.  They told me 'be patient' the box will be there Friday.  Today is SAturday.  There is no box. 

Do you know what the FCC calls an organization with no mailing address?  A fraud. 

Only a firm like yours would do everything they can to use pirraha tactics to defraud citizens, especially senior citizens.  You not only don't want the equipment back, you want to make sure that we don't even have the ability to return the equipment to you.  If I am incorrect, then please respond.  I intend to let everyone know just how difficult it is to do business with you.  I will contact the FCC, and I amg going to begin legal proceedings due to your unethical business practices.   If I am incorrect, then be honest with me.  Where is my return mailing box? 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hello! I have returned my equipment but somehow it is not reflected in the Att records because I received a letter in the mail requesting a return. How do I solve this? I have a receipt and confirmation from UPS. I sent numerous messages, but ATT Customer Service does not respond. Olga. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

404 error 

link, like dtv, doesnt function correctly. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

That's an old link (note date of post). 

Try THIS LINK (Google is your friend).

(edited)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

If you are returning equipment via FEDEX, you must go to a FEDEX Office store rather than one of their shipping only centers. I found this out today (12/11/2017). Fortunately, for me, the regular FEDEX shipping center and the FEDEX Office store are, separately, both close to my home. The staff at the FEDEX Office store were very helpful and need your AT&T account number. They will scan your equipment's barcode(s).They will ask you to confirm your address. They will ask for your phone number. They told me they consolidate all AT&T returns together to ship every Friday. It could take up to a week or two for AT&T top register your equipment return at their end. The whole transaction did not take very long.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello, will they take back directv equipment?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

That is what I returned - a member of my Family moved out and we no longer needed the DirectTV receiver for that person's TV in their room. So, in my case, I returned that receiver.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.