D

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 12th, 2020 4:19 PM

Responsibility for cable reconnection charge?

The utility locator services came out and marked the yard repeatedly before I had a French drain installed by a landscaping company.  Still my internet cable was cut.  The landscapers pointed out that where the paint in the yard was, was not near where the cable was cut.  Called AT&T customer service to get a new cable attached and there was no mention of any charge except this vague comment at the end of the service call that, “the $99 charge is only if you ask then to do something else while they are there.”  I thought that was an odd statement, what else was I going to ask them to do? and why are we barely mentioning some charge almost as we conclude the call?, so I should have inquired further but since I had no plans to have them do anything else, I didn’t.  So here it is a month later and I have a $99 charge on my AT&T Internet bill.  I suppose I am to go after the landscapers to reimburse me, or call to let them know they got a $99 tip from me that neither of us was aware of at the end of the job, or does the utility locator service bear any responsibility?  I have called AT&T customer service but assurances that they understand my concern and sympathize still leaves me out $99 and not sure how to proceed.  I suppose I will call my landscaper to discuss but wondered if others might have experienced similar and how there’d handled it?

Would post in Internet Forum, EXCEPT that and many other options for the category selection have NO associated Topics in that dropdown and that is a required field.

*sigh*

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Constructive

Employee

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

Yes the locate company bears some if not all responsibility however the company that did the actual damage ie lanndscaper will need to file an insurance claim and their insurance company will go after the locate service 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.