LolaKSpeaks's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Nov 29, 2016 5:37 PM

Recourse for Equipment Charges for Returned Equipment

This past June we contacted AT&T to suspend our internet service while we moved into a new house.  Instead they told us to return the equipment and they would bring new equipment once we were in our new house.  About 2 weeks after we were in our new home with our AT&T internet, 5 DirectTV receivers and 3 AT&T cell phones....  shortly after we received a bill and realized we were charged for the equipment.  We keep going back and forth with AT&T and after each new suspension we put in a claim, pay the current charges until next month. Well I was suspended on Cyber Monday and after a lengthy call with a CSR where no one was rude, verbally abusive or used profane language, my husband was hung up on (I listened in on the conversation but did not speak).  Needless to say, I called today and after almost an hour, multiple transfers and getting disconnected to have to start all over again, the same thing happened.  The equipment charges were disputed and I paid the current charge to get my service back up.  The issue is there are notes on the account that the equipment was returned but Shirley told me today that when looking into the "system that handles returns" it's not in there so the claims keep getting denied.  She did say she can see that we've always returned in our equipment in the past.  So what do I do?  Basically I have no recourse unless I can prove I returned the product.

I explained that I am a Director for a B2B wholesale company who oversees all of the Customer Service and fulfillment and we use UPS (who is the same carrier for their returns/preprinted shipping labels from UPS) and I am too plagued with returns issues where we don't have it in our cage but a customer insists that they did return the package so I know returns aren't 100% and the onus cannot be solely on the customer.  Just yesterday I dealt with a return from April that a customer kept getting charged for all because one of my employees didn't do the adjustment in the system - and it's almost December.  I cannot believe that any organization would solely but the onus on the customer to prove something when nothing is 100%

Does anyone know how I can get these charges off my account for good without having to contact a UPS insider from the company I work for to help me?  Because my company does recognize the failure points in the returns process...I know because I run the joint and have a massive project to fix this same issue we have!!

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

180.6K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @LolaKSpeaks,

We can look into this. We just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back and let us know via this thread one you have replied to the PM.

-ATTU-verseCare

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

180.6K Messages

5 y ago

Hello,

We saw your post and will be glad to help. Please reply back. Be sure to include your: 

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you
  • UPS Tracking # of the shipment

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Unfortunately I do not have a private message.  I checked three different times and there isn't any PM's.  Please respond back.

No PM.PNG

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Hi there.  I still do not have any PM to respond to.  I replied last week with a screen shot of my profile.  Please let me know how we can connect.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @LolaKSpeaks,

We have received your message and escalated it. Please look out for an E-mail in your personal E-mail. We look forward to working with you on this issue.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Hi there.  I am following up on this issue.  I sent an email on January 5th and can see it was read but no on has followed up with me on the issue.  Is there anyone from your escalation desk that I can physically speak with?  I can see that my email was received and read but I haven't received a respone yet.  Thank you for your help.

ATT Uverse.PNG

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

180.6K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @LolaKSpeaks,

We are showing there was an E-mail sent to your personal E-mail on 1/5/17. Check your spam or junk mail for it. If you did not get it, please send us another private message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

We will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 y ago

They will never make it right. Read the section on settling issues and mediation. They want to use a mediator *****. These thieves lie over and over.!I talked to 5 or 6 of them the other day. Every one of them said "We are very sorry" and "I am here to help you". Blah, blah, blah. I bundled my DIRECTV with my mobile service last February, 2016 !! I was supposed to get a $25 discount monthly. The last three months (Well, the last year plus actually but I haven't called every month because they say it takes 2-3 months) they have been saying that the discount will start in May. My bill comes a week ago......nothing! So I call and ask, "Where's my discount that you all have been telling me would come this month"? They tell me that the whole program has changed (it did....the website is all new, everything) and so they would not be able to do that unless I agreed to sign up for them to "unify my account for any FUTURE promos". Better put.....Trust us, sign here and we'll do it right next time, And, then we can give you great deals! I'm not kidding. I was flabbergasted and couldn't really believe what I was hearing.
Anyway, I have the transcript. ***** My point is, don't waste your time calling. You have options and they have to abide by the contract also. They lie every time you call so DONT CALL, chat, then download the transcripts.
It's up to you what you do from there but it's pretty clear to me!
Good Luck
[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 y ago

AT&T IS A JOKE! THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU BACK. THEY WILL INCORRECTLY CHARGE YOU FOR RETURNED RECEIVERS. SHAME SHAME SHAME

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 y ago

at&t will never resolve your problem, will never call you back, there is no "back office," etc. I'm sorry, but I have had the worst experience I've ever had with a company, as we are being incorrectly charged for 4 TV receivers. The people that work for at&T clearly don't have a conscience.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.