Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
K

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 27, 2020 2:31 AM

Printer connection

I own a ATT Arris BGW210-700 Router and since I bought a MFC-J995DW LAN Brother Printer I have routine wireless connection issues. I've had a computer tech out, I have ATT out, I've chatted with Brother Customer service endlessly. I can alone eventually get a print out of my computer but can't understand why I have had so much trouble keeping a connection. Nothing in the environment has changed - no additional devices, no movement of equipment.

Here is the latest comment from Brother -

"to be honest, we have seen these inconsistencies with printing and scanning when you have an ATT Arris BGW210-700 Router. We have also seen the same inconsistencies with HP Printers with that router as well. In times that it fails, it requires a remote reboot of the ATT router using their portal. "

I am not going to reboot my ATT router daily. Any suggestion?

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

10 months ago

Hello,

I might suggest (outside of buying a new printer) looking into a outside router. I had similar connection issues and got a Netgear that was much higher signal and simply connected by Ethernet to the stock AT&T one. Was a little bumpy setting it up, but way better experience and no daily resetting, etc.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I actually had the same issues as you with connecting my Brother printer to the same AT&T Arris router you mentioned.  After all the reading I did online from customers with similar issues, my suspicion is that it's an inherent connectivity issue between Brother products and this Arris router.  Like mobilemax mentioned, the way I got my Brother printer to work is by connecting it to an old router I had, and then hooking up the small router to the AT&T Arris router.  I was then (finally!) able to detect the Brother printer.  Hope that's helpful!

Get started...

Ask a new question