For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Tom21_1993's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Friday, August 8th, 2014 6:39 AM

Port-Forwarding on the Arris NVG589 Gateway

So im trying to forward ports for my xbox 360 on my new arris nvg589 gateway that at&t gave me and ive run into some problems. When i want to do the ports 80 (TCP) and 53 (TCP and UDP) it gives me a message saying "

Warning: The change you are attempting to make may cause AT&T U-verse TV to stop working properly.

The other ones however, ports 3074 (UDP/TCP) and 88 (UDP) work without giving me this message. should i just go ahead and click confirm anyways despite the warning message or is there something i could be doing wrong here?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to do port forwarding on 3 Xbox ones in the same household...? Can you only port forward on 1 device? Or across all 3? I'm not real familiar on how to do this...and I was told if you screw up the router will be trash...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I got into my current router and was able to port forward 1 Xbox one to have an open NAT but the other 2 Xbox Ones have Moderate NAT's and we are still not able to join each other on DESTINY!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Richroc, it is not possible to configure port forwarding of the same port(s) to multiple devices behind any NATting router.  Cannot be done.

There are two ways to get multiple XBOXen behind the Gateway to work:

1) Pay the monthly fee for a block of public static IP addresses and assign one to each XBOX.

2) Purchase a Router that has UPnP capability and install this router between the gateway and your XBOXen, and configure your gateway to put this router in its DMZplus/IP Passthrough zone.  This works because the software in the XBOX will negotiate via UPnP to use non-standard ports for the additional XBOXen. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the info...do you have any suggestions for a good router to get?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the info...do you have any suggestions for a good router to get?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

Most consumer routers will do.  Most have Wireless as well, and theirs is probably better than the Wireless signal provided by the U-verse Gateway.  I'm partial to the ASUS line myself, though Netgear makes fine gear too.  I've had good success with D-link, and others will recommend Linksys.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I ended up getting the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900, R7000 I have it connected with my U-verse modem/router and have the wireless disconnected and going through the Netgear currently but I can't figure how to configure the router to unlock the UPnP tab in the advanced setup section

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Richroc - your R700 is probably set as AP or some other mode, make sure you have it set to "router mode", this is under advanced->advanced setup->router / ap / bridge etc...

if you do though you will probably have to follow this guide to properly configure passthrough on the att modem and fully leverage all the functions of your router:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17734

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks...I followed the instructions on my NVG599 and can now play two Xbox destiny characters on the same fire team. You saved me buying another modem, plus a basket of technical headaches setting that up. Your help is greatly appreciated.

The follow up note not to worry abou the warning that the Uverse tv service might not work was important...I almost chickened out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I type my I.P. address in the web browser but it keeps saying the webpage could not be found??? Please help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.