marsey444's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, August 12th, 2018 8:38 PM

Port forwarding has stopped working on my arris bgw210-700

I am having the same issue as many others. My port forwarding was set up in Oct 2017 and has worked like a charm for my security cameras until a little over a week ago.  I have factory reset the router, forwarded the ports again, 

The ports stay open briefly then shut down again. 

It appears you guys had a firmware update that broke port forwarding. Please helps me fix this or my security cameras are useless.

Employee

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Please add me to the response list once this has been resolved. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@ATTcares please add me to the list of those to contact with a fix, or a new modem. 

I tried the suggestion of putting the gateway in IP Passthru with a router behind to do port forwarding.  I still cannot see my security cams outside the network.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I've been having the same issue. I think I've got a temporary "fix". I noticed if there is a constant connection through the firewall, it won't break port forwarding. So want I've done is started a SSH connection using the external IP address port forwarded into a computer I have running on my network. I assume if you do something similar (contstant connection that uses port fowarding) it might work. So far port forwarding has been working for over 12 hours without an issues when it usually breaks within an hour or so. I really hope AT&T fixes this soon. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

i'm successful setting it to IP passthrough, using DHCP and supplying the MAC of my other router (found in the drop-down). I first turned off both wireless bands. once everything was done, i did a power cycle.

Just make sure you set the two routers to different addresses (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 for example).  then put the port forwarding in the downstream router.  i configured everything so all my old router settings were the same and everything works.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It appears you guys had a firmware update that broke port forwarding. Please helps me fix this or my security cameras are useless.

It appears your response is just over a month old; any progress?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I ended up getting the pace router/modem to replace the bgw, back to
working port forwarding.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My ports are now staying open,,,problem is solved at the moment with the most recent router firmware:

http://gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/001E46/BGW210-700_1.7.14/

(1.7.14)     as of today,,,,

download file,

go to router web page, (info found on router)

then,,,Capture.JPG

i'm not a techie so i thought it was me,,,it wasn't

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

6 years ago

1.7.14 seems to have been pulled from the download server. I don't think its a fully baked / ready for release build. It has some odd things about it. You can't turn off all the firewall settings like before. A scan from GRC showed that the flood limits were still enforced with no way to disable it. Only about 1/4 of the firewall options were available. Parental controls I have no use for seem to have been added though. And under syslog the only log you can view is the firewall log, nothing else. Like I said, seems half-baked and not ready for release. It is nice to know that you can flash a older firmware which is what I did. I flashed back to 1.6.9 with no issue.

1.6.9 is the latest officially released version that people have received automatically/normally from AT&T. I'd suggest sticking with it since it fixes the port forwarding problem caused with earlier 1.6.x versions. Also AT&T pulled 1.7.14 from the update server, the link no longer works. 1.6.9 download still dose.

http://gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/001E46/BGW210-700_1.6.9/spTurquoise210-700_1.6.9.bin

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

When will this be fixed?  I'm having this problem also!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

When will this be fixed?  I'm having this problem also!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.