Port Forwarding from Public Static IP: How?
I am trying to forward traffic from my public static IP to a selected, LAN-connected computer but can't figure out how to do it.
1. 6852ac RG
2. 8 static IPs purchased
3. 3 LAN-connected PCs with DHCP addresses
What I tried:
1. Added supplement network successfully
2. Created Firewall pinhole to one of my PCs successfully.
The above worked, but ONLY if I try to connect to my RG's public IP (as listed under Settings:Broadband:Current Internet Connection). No luck connecting to one of my static IPs.
When I created the pinhole, the RB never let me choose which address to create a pinhole in.
What am I missing here? Is this even possible.
1. I want to use one of my static IPs, connected to my registered domain, to forward traffic to one of my server machines by port (e.g. mail server, web server, custom server, etc). The servers run on different ports which may be on different machines. On many other routers I've used in the past, this was quite straightforward, but the 6852ac is more obtuse.
2. I want to use one of my static IPs because (I believe) the RGs IP is DHCPed and could change.
3. BTW, I tried using a Cisco router as a "cascaded router" but couldn't get that to work either.
I've been beating my head against the wall for over a week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.