Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 4, 2016 11:19 AM

PACE 5268AC - MAC FILTERING

Trying to set up MAC filtering on my new PACE 5268AC.

Following the obvious approach: Settings->LAN->Wi-Fi->MAC Filtering.  Then adding an active MAC # to the Blocked Devices and clicking on "Enable MAC Filtering" yields a dialog (sometimes) for inputting the "Device Access Code" but then red box with "Errors".

The inability to establish  MAC filtering is a great inconvenience and potential security risk.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

CHL

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yet another annoyed Uverse customer that cannot get MAC filtering to work.  I too have tried the following with the same results:

1) I disabled WPS for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz.  I still get the "error" message when I try to enable mac filtering.

2) Rescan for Devices does not bring up any Mac addresses.  How can I get this to scan?  I have many devices connected.

3) I also tried adding a blocked address first and then try the enable of mac filtering.  Still get error.

Can someone from AT&T Uverse provide a solution for this issue!

My router info:

Manufacturer     Pace Plc
Model     5268AC/FXN

Hardware Version260-2173300
Software Version10.6.0.530094-att

System Software Components Type Version

Type Version

att_unified_cms-certs530094
att_unified_config530094
att_unified_eapol-certs530094
Firewall Rules1000
Application List1001

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I don't think you are reading the posts here thoroughly, or maybe just don't understand.  I, along with many others on here, have come to the conclusion the PACE 5268AC is not capable of blocking 5 GHz radio connected devices.  It is ONLY CAPABLE OF BLOCKING 2.4 GHz radio connected devices.  Regardless of what you are attempted to state is the resolution, it DOES NOT ALLOW FOR BLOCKING DEVICES CONNECTED TO THE 5 GHz radio for this router.  I just spent 2 hrs on the phone with them, and they referred to their "technical experts" multiple times, eventually coming to the same unfortunate conclusion that many others in the post have come to.  I even asked if AT&T offers a router that DOES allow this.  The answer was no, but maybe I could call PACE directly to ask them if they could tell me how.  I'm not bothering to do that.  But if you want to; 866-289-6686 was the number I was provided.  I agree with many others on this forum, that a company the size of AT&T/DTV, cannot come up with a solution to being able to remove unwanted devices from your network at will.  SHAME ! !  (creepy bells ringing-Stern)  Ok, good luck to everyone.  I guess I'll look in to a 3 rd party app to help control this.  Pitiful this cannot be resolved by the company we pay thousands of dollars to annually.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I do have the same problem and customer service, support, haven't been available to help me or find a solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

and how is this done?  I do not see the solution.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

and what is the steps to enable this feature?  I am not seeing that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

then why is this marked solved? how do we disable the wps button on a 5268AC modem?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

oh man..ok thanks..how very disappointing..our old modem worked just fine for this..now our new modem won't let us "shut the gate" which was the only way I felt protected.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Hello there hithere2019,

I have been watching this thread and can see that ATT had 3 years and they did nothing to fix this problem. I have the same problem only my MAC filtering will not turn on at all. I can put as many mac addresses as I want into the block side but as long as the mac filtering is off nothing will be blocked. This needs to be addressed by AT&T and I am building quite the case for my attorney. If we spend good money to have a service, then part of it breaks, either AT&T should make good and fix the problem, or pay us all back for that part that is broken. Since one or two people wont make a difference to them we will have to go deeper and make it every single person that has bought a router from AT&T of a certain model. THis will then start to hit their pockets and maybe they will get of their lazy butts and actually do some work for US, THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THEIR WAGES.  Now, since it has been 3 years, I can legally go report the news on other sites about how AT&T refuses to fix a problem that's nothing to them but a big thing to a bunch of us.