Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Apr 13, 2016 10:22 PM

Pace 5268AC mac filtering error

Hi, whenever I try to enable MAC Filtering on my Pace 5268AC Gateway, all the dashboard gives me a big red fat [Errors] Box. Nothing else. What can I do to find the actual issue and fix this?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

3 years ago

Hi,

We want to reiterate that turning off WPS (wireless protected setup) corrects the issue with enabling MAC filtering on 5268AC and our other routers. Let us know if any additional questions.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @papabear72,

Reset the modem by pressing and holding the red reset button on the rear of it. This normally resolves setting issues on the device. 

-ATTU-verseCare 

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Nope. I rebooted it twice, and sill, just "Errors": Capture.PNG

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

Oh man!!

Try this, it MAY help. If not, we may need to replace the modem. 

ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

@papabear72   Another user posted recently he had to turn something off b4 he could do Mac Filtering on a 5268 . Smiley Surprised

Edit:  It was a 599 and had to disable WPS.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

@mibrnsurg, thanks for that information!

ATTU-verseCare 

AT&T Customer Care

BettySue

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

I am also having this problem and sincethere was nothing marked as a solution in this thread so any other advice is appreciated. 

Thanks

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @BettySue,

Everything above may help resolve the issue. If you have tried all the recommendations and nothing works, let us know. 

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

BettySue

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ATTU-verseCare Thanks, but I'm wondering if you turn off WPS won't that disable the wireless connection? Or something? My limited understanding is that you use WPS to connect your PC's wireless card to the Pace Router and to get internet connection. Thanks! @mibrnsurg Aaaaaaaand he does it again! Good job! You're a rockstar! 😄

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

ATTU-verseCare, 

I have the Pace 5268AC router and have disabled the WPS.  I am still getting the ERROR upon trying to enable MAC Filtering.  Any other solutions available?  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am getting the same error with WPS disabled.  

Employee

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Ok.  The clever WPS disabling trick is not working for me.  Every time I change the dropdown list from enabled to disabled and click save I get the "configuration successful" message but WPS has been reset back to the default of enabled.  The software is being disobedient.  Not surprisingly, MAC authentication is still out.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This is not solving my issue. I have reset my unit several times, restored default setting g and am still getting an error preventing me from enabling MAC filtering. My 5g WPS status reads ERROR. I can enable it but when I disable it I get an ERROR status. Please advise. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

The Pace 5268AC modem MAY not allow MAC filtering. I had one where I got the red box with just "Error". Tried to disable WPS, did not help. I contacted ATT, they sent replacement - interestingly, it was the exact same model, Pace5268AC. But this one worked - after disabling WPS, which is indicated on the screen to enable MAC filtering.