For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
kanorcott's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 6th, 2014 4:35 AM

Outages tonight 10/5

Called Uverse after the first outage at 7:00pm - 45 minute wait, so I started to suspect it wasn't just me. I rebooted the gateway, and all seemed fine. Then again at 8:05 it went out - rebooted - started getting annoyed that it was fine on a crap TV day (Saturday) and having so many issues on Sunday (just when the shows/football started). It went out again at 8:30. I didn't reboot, but it came back a few minutes later. Then it went out at 9:20 - then again at 10:15 - I finally gave up on TV for the night, and got online to do the troubleshooting thing (with fingers X'd that Internet would hold out). Got to a chat guy who, of course, wouldn't admit there was a widespread outage and said there was a line problem on my account. Tech coming tomorrow evening. We'll see.

This was a very annoying TV night. DirecTV is starting to look tempting.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Everyone,

A limited number of AT&T customers in some markets may be experiencing issues with U-verse services due to a hardware issue we believe is limited to a specific model of the gateway equipment. We recommend rebooting the gateway by removing the power cord for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.. Technicians are working on a solution to resolve the issue without the need to reboot the gateway. We apologize for this inconvenience.

To restore service:

• Verify you are using a NVG589 Gateway.
  • Check the front of the NVG589 to see if the "Battery" light is lit.
  • If the "Battery" light is lit, open the door beneath the NVG589 and disconnect the battery from the unit.
  • While the battery is still disconnected, unplug the power cable from the wall for 10 seconds.
  • Reconnect battery to NVG589, and then restore power cable to the wall outlet.

Regards,

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

You're the 5th or 6th user reporting same thing tonite in different areas of the country. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Checking in from the San Francisco area while it's working... I've lost service four times tonight. Any point in calling and waiting on hold, probably only to be told it's a nationwide issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same here in LA. Off and on all day/night, for several weeks now, if not months. Now it's out, in the middle of HOMELAND premiere and I'm beyond angry and frustrated. I've had it. Calling Directv tomorrow.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Problem started this evening in Orange CA. Wondering if AT&T loaded new software with a BUG.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I had what I suppose is the same problem last night. Outbound web connections would land on the router's management page. If the outbound was to https, I'd get a server certificate looking something like dsldevice.domain_not_valid.something. I reached a competent guy on Tech Support (eventually) who said it was happening all over the country to the 589s.

My guess? Some malefactor found a poison packet that chokes these routers. Sure, if they quietly deployed new code, buggy code is a better guess.

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

10 years ago

Another one here in San Francisco.....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The only night we watch TV shows and we missed "the good wife" and final episode of "the strain".

U-verse was out from 8:37pm till 7:20am Monday morning.  Also enjoyed sitting on the phone for 45 minutes listening to AT&T's recording, finally hung up.  Rebooted several times - no good.

Great evening, thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Located in Alabama.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

10 years ago

We experienced a 10 minute outage in Columbus, OH at around 7pm, mercifully cutting short our viewing of the New York Jets "football" game.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.