Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 3:19 AM

Orbi 50 AP mode

Do I need to be in AP mode if I have disable the wifi on the ATT gateway?  If so, I never found it on the Orbi Appl.

Responses

Transponder

ACE - Scholar

• 

465 Messages

a year ago

Hello,

Not sure if you need to be in AP mode or not. It depends how you have your network set up.

The only way to get into AP on the Orbi is using the web interface, not the app. Open a web browser like Chrome or Edge and go to orbilogin.com to access the interface where you can put your Orbi in AP mode.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

a year ago

@p4tcks 

The RBK50 can be configured as an AP.  Personally I prefer to bypass the gateway to maximum extent possible, using IP Passthrough or DMZ depending on the device.  

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

It doesn't have to be in AP mode. Just do it as a DMZ device like @gr8sho said. That is to say, on my network, on the AT&T Gateway, under "Settings" -> "Firewall" -> "Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ", I selected the Orbi under "1)" and selected "Allow all applicaitons (DMZplus mode)", then hit save. I also manually set the IP ranges of the routers because I wanted my home network to be under the standard 192.168.1.x, but that's another story.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

What is the advantage of that setup vs. Orbi in AP mode? Also, what ATT Gateway do you have?

Get started...

Ask a new question