For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
malcolm x's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 25th, 2013 11:22 PM

nvg589 broadband 1 flashing red light

U-Verse service was installed Oct. 19th 2013 and had a good connection until last night. NVG589 broadband 1 is not linking to siginal. Has had a red flashing light on it since around 10pm last night. Need help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi. I read your note about your broadband 2 light flashing red. My modem does the same thing on broadband1. Would you mind forward me the e-mail of the technician who helped you with your situation so I can talk to him about mine. I called customer service twice and got nowhere. You can e-mail me the information to [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] with subnject line "NVG589".

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i have had Uverse for over a year and the Broadband 1 has been flashing red most of the time.  what is the problem?  do i need to do something?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is very frustrating how I requested a technician to come and solve the broadband 2 blinking red light today 10/15/17 and they’re suppose to be here  around 5 and when I got home my family told me that no one showed up and now I have to deal with no internet for two days now and I need to do important stuff. I expected more from att Uvers 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We had this problem of both Broadband 1 & 2 flashing with no Service light (ATT 5268AC). After an ATT call we were advised that we needed another router. We received another after a few days - same problem. I reconnected the original and new, rebooted etc. After another call and a technician visit he discovered a cable problem thus:

The yellow cable from the small white wall box (not the router) was connected to the yellow Ethernet port - yellow cable to yellow port makes sense, no? But as it turns out this yellow cable needs to be connected to the red port marked ONT Broadband. This is not covered in the ATT reconnection instructions supplied. So...

If you have fiber optic and a small white box that connects to the 5268AC router via a yellow cable try CONNECTING THE YELLOW CABLE TO THE RED PORT.

ps. apparently these cables are colored either yellow or blue - red not an option

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.