rodrigogp's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 6th, 2018 9:03 PM

Not accessing my Synology NAS from the internet

Hi,

so everything was working fine for more than 18 months until one day couple of weeks back I was not able to access my LAN from outside. 

I checked all the ports fwd rules and they all are still there. My NAS has a static IP Address that is working and the NAS has the default gateway and DNS pointing to the default gateway that is the Modem LAN IP. 192.168.1.254

if I go to http://canyouseeme.org/ and try one of the ports.. I get the message that says:

Error: I could not see your service on 162.201.XXX.XXX on port (8863)
Reason: Connection timed out

I can still access my LAN through third party routing services like Synology QuickConnect and the Plex App via not secure Passthrough. But I can't do via the public IP 

Below is my Modem info

Manufacturer ARRIS
Model Number BGW210-700
Software Version 1.6.7

any help will be deeply appreciated..

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

6 years ago

This happened to a friend of mine. The rep said it was caused by a firmware update. Replacing the modem/gateway resolved his issue.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Rodrigogp,

I have the same modem/router as you.  AT&T pushed firmware 1.69 out today for this model.  Right now, I am testing my Plex (hosted on my QNAP NAS) and Xbox One port forward settings.  Will report back to let you know if port forwarding was restored.  Thanks!

EDIT: Confirmed.  Firmware 1.69 fixed the port forwarding issues.  Thanks God!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Great that it worked for you... 

so two questions...

1) how do I get the 1.69 version? by just rebooting the modem?

2) how do you knew that they were pushing a new update? (this is just for my personal curiosity) 

Many thanks!!

Update..

I found the link where the updates are...

http://gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/001E46/BGW210-700_1.6.9/

I just need to wait until everyone is going to bed to do the upgrade to 1.6.9.. and then cross my fingers..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.