CrissyLrn70's profile

2 Messages

Monday, February 26th, 2024 2:39 PM

No WiFi coverage

We have uverse internet service with 1GB because my son is a 3D animator. We live is a single story 1500 square ft house. But we can’t get service for our smart TV in the family room or the three bedrooms. Plus internet on our smart phones is spotty and very slow. We were told by att that we have enough power to support a computer store. But we can’t get signal. They have sent us 2 new routers and checked the lines. My brother bought a router with three boosters and disconnected his xfinity and replaced it with the new set up. Would that work for us? Or what would you recommend. Also we did get a booster but it isn’t helping and att said it was because the booster was picking wifi from different sources

thanks Crissy L

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

2 months ago

@CrissyLrn70 

You'll find that many of us use our own wifi system to replace what’s given in the gateway.  To make it easier for yourself, have the installer configure the WiFi system as an access point and disable the radios in the gateway.  

Also to be precise, you have Att Internet with Fiber.   The term Uverse was retired years ago and now only applies to the old multicast TV product owned by DirecTV.  

2 Messages

2 months ago

What router would you recommend?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

2 months ago

Personally I use a Netgear Orbi RBK50, which has one satellite and covers a 3000sqft home fine.  However this is old tech now and is actually 3 generations behind.  Works well for me but eventually will want to move to WiFi 7.  
But honestly do your research. Almost anything is better than what’s given to us plus you’ll avoid having to pay a subscription fee.  Maybe a sale at bestbuy for instance. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.