Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

1 Message

Wed, Apr 1, 2020 6:47 AM

No service all day and now modem won't even light up

Had no internet at all since around 1 PM EST on March 31st. Wifi and everything would still appear, broadband and service was all green but would have no internet for over 10 hours. Tried resetting via taking out the plug, waiting a few secs and unplugging. Did not work.

Then at around 12 AM midnight I decided to reset it to factory by holding the reset button the back for 20 secs. Now all I see is Power light and just ethernet. No broadband, no phone, no service and not even wifi.

Tried going to router settings on PC via 192.168.1.254 did not work would give me page not found. Tried ipconfig too see the IP address the default giveaway is blank. Seriously what is happening ???

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

2 months ago

Try unplugging the gateway for at least 30 seconds. Then, hold in the Reset button on the back while reconnecting the gateway. After 10 seconds, release the Reset button and see if the gateway starts up normally.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.