halek99's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 28th, 2017 2:56 AM

New NVG599 WiFI

When the device was originally installed It made the connection to my Win 10 PC without any problem. However I had problems when I went to connect to my ipad. The tag on the unit shows a Name of ATTsMiyUmS. On the ipad that Name was found but it would not accept several attemps at entering the password. An ATT support person finally got me connected by "Forgetting" that connection which brought up a new connection ATTsMiyUms (note the small s). One day later there was a message on my PC that said Problem "DNS not available" and the WiFi was in a reboot mode and did eventually get completely operational with Internet on both PC & iPad, and my phone also working.

I am wondering if this is going to be an ongoing problem, and if it is related to the 2 different systems in the WiFi?

Also, are there liable to be other connections that will require the "Forget" to find a second Named system?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

@halek99

"One day later there was a message on my PC that said Problem "DNS not available" and the WiFi was in a reboot mode and did eventually get completely operational with Internet on both PC & iPad, and my phone also working." Highly recommend that you configure the DNS on your devices to use Google DNS which is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

"I am wondering if this is going to be an ongoing problem, and if it is related to the 2 different systems in the WiFi?" Not related.

"Also, are there liable to be other connections that will require the "Forget" to find a second Named system?" No, this is why you should change the SSID to something unique and meaningfull to yourself. Something like Halek99 and Halek99-5GHz. With the popularity of this internet solution it is possible that you could attempt to login to a neighbor's WiFi.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.