Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Koffingmagic's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 12:26 AM

New internet customer, equipment stolen from new apartment, now looking at an extra $150 charge to set up internet

I just moved to a new apartment and set up a new internet service account. The wifi equipment was sent quickly but was stolen from in front of my new apartment before I could get off work. Between work and getting things ready to move I was unable to try and get new equipment sent out until about a week later and have not have internet, meanwhile I'm getting projected bills for a service i have been completely unable to use. After finally having the time between work and the move to call and try to get new equipment sent out, I'm told over the phone that I should expect to see a "non-return fee" on the equipment stolen from my front door of $150.00 if I'm unable to return said equipment stolen from my door that I physically do not have. Is there any way to dispute or waive this fee? If not what's the best way to cancel this service that I'm going to be charged for that I haven't received?

Employee

• 

39 Messages

2 months ago

Good evening @Koffingmagic

I personally would reach out to anyone in our sales & service department or someone within our billing department at 1-800-288-2020. The earlier you reach out to customer service to get a note on file the better. While on the phone with customer service explain to them what you just explained above, and that the sole purpose of the phone call is to put a note on file in regards to stolen equipment. After 21 days you should notice that the NRF charge reflects on your bill, if not in 21 days then on the very next bill ATT sends you. At this time reach out to ATT again (Because the charge will reflect within our system as well) and explain that you reached out regarding stolen equipment and that you called about it, if we aren't able to waive it then typically what we would do is submit a ticket on your behalf to get it waived. Keep in mind this is only a generalization and may not reflect an actual outcome.

Hope this helps,

Hunter

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.