Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
RLewis91's profile

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 13th, 2022 11:12 PM

New construction build shows AT&T fiber wire - any way to figure out if this is an internet wire? Only 5 new builds coming - can't do form.

We've got 5 lots with houses around $600K plus being built in an area in Missouri and there is AT&T fiber cables that the markers indicated while prepping the land. 

Is there any way to find out if it's an internet fiber wire to supply these houses with internet from AT&T? There is AT&T internet a bit further around the area; I'm anticipating this being a wireless fiber wire but wanted to see if there is a way to confirm. 

There is no physical address to check as there is not 'current' fiber or att high speed in the area. It's a 5 house community being built so the 'residential request' doesn't work as it requires 50 properties. 

Thank you in advance. 

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

3 months ago

Can you post some pictures of the work being done, holes in the ground, boxes, cables being laid, etc?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

I read the OP comment as has marker pole with orange top indicating fiber is buried underneath OR that 811 located fiber running thru the property (easement)… not that fiber is being deployed for burial.

Existing fiber would be heading somewhere … could be cell tower, school, subdivision, government (police, fire, etc), school, etc. Most of above is dedicated fiber. For residential fiber would be serviced by a PFP which is generally minimum of 60 addresses up to 800. 

Unless someone is building a multi unit complex (apartment, condo, etc) on the edge of these five lots I suspect the only way to have ATT fiber would be ordering dedicated business service. Estimate $100k per address should get installation with about 3 years of service. Pricing starts around $550 per month for internet 10/10, $1100 for 100/100, and $2200 for 1000/1000. $10 per foot for installation from fiber point which could be a mile or more away.

May want to ask what the local cable company would charge to service the 5 lots ($10k+ each?) Pricing can vary by market and distance. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.