Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jul 2, 2020 2:32 AM

Need help with att.net mail and new secure key for iphone email.

I missed your email to change to the new secure key and I wanted to set it up on my iphone.  Unfortunately I have tried to follow the instructions in your community and it does not work.  Can you give me an little help here.

I have tried and would love to use Oauth but I can find that choice on the my iphone which is an Xr and is running the current version operating system 13.

Thank you

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

a month ago

There is nothing you need to do to get an iPhone to use OAuth, it is built in as long as you setup your account as IMAP, not POP. I am not using the secure mail key on any of my iOS devices, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for the comment and I have tried setting it up as an imap account with the login information of user name, password on my account imap .... when I do this I keep getting an error message that user name or password for imap.mail.   What is confusing is from the website they say to go to "other" but if I login on my phone it would appear that I should be going to yahoo.  So.... I am confused and what makes me a little mad is a) I didn't get the email from Att.net about changing from previous method of security to either a secure key for my outlook email on anything on my phone.  I have successfully done my outlook and created a secure key but as of this moment my iphone does not work.  So if you can give me a clue where I might find "good" directions to get this done that would be great because as of this moment, I have lost my att mail box under password and accounts which is not something that will "kill me" it is just frustrating.

Thanks for help,

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Hello everyone.. first thank you for all the help.. and I have found the fix... Since I used a secure key to start with, I needed to follow that thru on the iphone.  I made two changes which if you start with the defaults, you get the one for imap and smtp which it thinks is the default...yahoo.... once I changed the smtp and imap servers and put in the secure key I created for phones, it worked just fine...

Thanks for the clues that worked.

Get started...

Ask a new question