For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
blee2146's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 14th, 2014 2:22 PM

Need help wiring NID for new phone jack install ahead of internet service turn up.

I am doing a self-install of internet-only this week. The agent told me it was DSL and a phone line was required. We have never had a phone jack in our house, so I went about getting it installed.

I've run CAT5e from the NID to a new phone jack in the house and wired the phone jack using the Cat5 to 4-strand equivalents (white/blue -> green, blue/white -> red, white/orange -> black, and orange/white -> yellow).

But now I am wiring the NID side. I noticed the only thing wired up from the AT&T side is the VDSL POTS splitter. I am having trouble finding information on which cables from my CAT5 cable should be connected into this (or if this will not work and I need AT&T to wire the top box).

Of course AT&T would send a tech out to the house, but for a fee if anything on my side is wired incorrectly. And they won't seem to answer these sorts of questions over the phone.

I've included a picture of my NID below. As you can see I put my blue/white and white/blue cables (unstripped) into the left-side of the VDSL POTS Splitter, blue/white on the left and white/blue on the right (if it matters) - everything else was wired as-is.

Thanks for any assistance!

2014-07-13 16.25.45.jpg

1 Attachment

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.