denkopf's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 2:02 AM

Motorola NVG589 port forwarding

U Vers replaced my 2-Wire with the  NVG589, I have several security camers installed and i am trying to set up port forwarding for them. They left me no manual. I have tried web searches, nothing. I was able to set the cameras up on the 2-wire, the Foscam web site does not have anything for the 589. on the NVG589 I set up in Nat/gaming what I thought was correct but outside the house I can not gain access. it states "Privite Network" "this camera is on a privite network and will not work". typically when port forwarding it sets up a http address. I cant find where or how it does that.

so I need help please.

dennis

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Yes take your router and plug the "internet" port into any port on the NVG

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Correct. That should work out perfectly.

-David T

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

thakks to all that helped...

i have internet access on both the nvg and linksys. different ssids and different [passwords. how the heck did that happen?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

I am glad you were able to get everything up and running. I would definitely recommend disabling the wireless ability on the NVG and let the linksys handle it, so you do not run into any wireless conflicts.

-David T

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

yes that would be a good idea.

thanks to all.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just wanted to chime in that I received a 589 today and had no issues with either recognizing devices on my network (like my NAS), no had any issues with setting up port forwarding of various services to said NAS.  So maybe the bugs seen by some have been worked out?

What I did have an issue with was the passthrough to my Linksys E3000 router.  Couldn't get it to pickup the external IP after configuring passthrough on the 589.  Luckly though I didn't really have to.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for sharing your experience, joerockt. I am not sure why it's not picking up the external IP, but if you have it statically set, then it will take that IP instead. Either way, I am glad it is all working!

-David T

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Helo I have similar troubles whit ATT since I changed from Cablevision to ATT uverse .

Before I changed to ATT Uverse  whit cablevision all worked well .

Here is my trouble now and ATT uverse  they do know  how fix the trouble , and miss lead and 10 different techs that have came in the last 2 months they say different and no one know how fix my trouble . ( In addition BAD INTERNET whit the 2wire Modems , after change to The Motorola  iNet internet is the same )

The trouble is that I Only have One way voice (audio) whit my  VoIP providers  , When I call I can hear phone ring and party answer , but they can't hear me .

HISTORY ;

ATT original installed  a 2wire Modem 364,  after 2 months they say the  trouble is I am  at the end of system to far and need to install  iNet Modem  so finale after 3 days  5 different installers  one came and plug the  New Modem Motorola NVG589 , left   forget install the internal Battery , He do know Nothing about the modem set ups or configuration so he left and let me to figure it out , the  worse  is that my trouble never was fix , I called and they send another Installer He say also he do  know how make changes in the Modem this way we  can change the Nat and set up the modem this way not block my incoming audio .

I can't get Customer support from Att uverse at USA all calls go to   at Philippines can't help they do know how , inclusive  level 2 techs they are not familiar whit how provision this Modems . and they send and other tech  , that also he do know Noting

I am sure that is how set up the Nat , the Ip Pass through, or fire wall .

Can someone  please can explain me how can fix it .

Note ;

I have a SnomOne Pbx on the Cloud Hosted , I have Polycom, Snom Phones , 3cx Soft phone ,  and no one of the devices I can set up whit  this bad ATT uverse Modems .

My sip Trunk providers  all point ATT Modems Blocking  the  audio ,. But by my surprise no one of the 10 ATT technicians  know any about any configuration for any of the ATT Uverse Modems in reality these technicians the only they know is bring The equipment plug it and hope  work , and blame to the previous tech , the wires at the pole , the central office ,. Is a Shame Of ATT Uverse incompetents  teck support ..

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

jman - I just got static ip's setup and can see the in the section under Home Network / Subnets and DHCP.

I even assigned one of my machines with one of those new shiny public IP addresses, and while that machine can talk to the world, the world can not talk back ... i.e., trying to get a web server setup on that new static ip, but port 80 is used/blocked by the GW.

So, I would guess that there is a config issue with these static ip's where they are not truly passed through the GW and I have full control of the ports, which is the reason for the static ip's.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

David - I just got static ip's setup and can see the in the section under Home Network / Subnets and DHCP.

I even assigned one of my machines with one of those new shiny public IP addresses, and while that machine can talk to the world, the world can not talk back ... i.e., trying to get a web server setup on that new static ip, but port 80 is used/blocked by the GW.

So, I would guess that there is a config issue with these static ip's where they are not truly passed through the GW and I have full control of the ports, which is the reason for the static ip's.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.