swamykijaiho's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 26th, 2014 6:56 AM

Motorola NVG589 Port Forwarding instructions

It worked when I tried the instructions described for NVG510!

Use this link and follow the same instructions to setup your port forwarding for NVG589

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Motorola/NVG510/QSee_QT4_DVRs.htm

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @swamykijaiho ,

Thanks for sharing!

-David T

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I've struggled with port forwarding since the change from the 2wire to the nvg589. I have searched for an answer for about 1 year now and I finally have a solution. I am not that savvy w/ all this but I know enough to get by. Here's a quick overview on what to do. All of the following is out there on the net but scattered throughout the forums. The one KEY factor missing was assigning a STATIC IP on your pc (webserver via Blue Iris - for my case) BUT ******************using the name server or PRIMARY DNS ip indicated under the "broadband status" tab in your routers webpage instead of the primary dns acquired through the cmd ipconfig /all command on a pc****. THIS  enabled my nat/gaming custom service entry to finally open the assigned port for the blue iris webserver on my pc. Wooot!  Only odd ball is that my camera's are viewed using the local ip's in LAN and NO-IP host names (forwarding to public ip) for viewing outside of the local area network (which wasn't like that before the upgrade to the NVG589 .... )

So here it is:

1. assign static ip's to all wireless cameras and pc (or dvr)

* use the primary dns ip indicated in the router's webpage under "broadband status"

2. create custom service(s) in the NAT/GAMING tab in the routers webpage - indicate assigned ports (for you  to figure out) and applicable devices. - Press add, now listed on same page as "hosted application"

3. Create rule in firewall (microsoft or 3rd party sercurity software. If using BlueIris 4, microsoft firewall can be done throught the webserver wizard on BI)

4. Check your ports via canyouseeme.org and see if openned properly.

5. DONESKI.

Nothing else is needed (unless i forgot something.) I never share ;(, to lazy... however this was the exception to the norm. Thank you all for the answers I read that finally got me to the finish line.

nat/gaming

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.