For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
R

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 5th, 2020 3:12 PM

Modem Specs

I’m trying to purchase my own modem for my home network. I’m on the internet 18 plan if that matters. 

i tried calling customer support to figure out what specs I need when purchasing but they were no help, I was told when I purchased this service I’d be able to buy my own modem so I don’t have to do the 10$ a month equipment fee. 

Any help from anyone ?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

You were mis-informed.   AT&T internet requires the use of AT&T leased equipment.

• 

3 Messages

I’m struggling to see why that would be. I know they’d certainly like it that way, but what’s stopping me from hooking up my own modem ? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

Equipment must be provisioned to a specific account which triggers the monthly lease fee.   

Even if you found a second hand gateway on Ebay, you would have to provision it to get it to work.

(edited)

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Quite frustrating but thank you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.