Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
burrism's profile
burrism
Rising Star
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Fri, May 2, 2014 6:38 PM

Modem Choice

I have Uverse 12Mgb internet only.

I was originally shipped (Oct 2013) a 3600..didn't work and a tech brought me a 3801..asking where and why I had the 3600.since it was obsolete and discontinued.

Now, after about 6 months, I have some intermittent problems that I think are caused by the modem. I am using the bundled modem/router.

I called a few days ago and was told they were shipping me a 5031 as the ones I had are actually discontinued. Today I received another 3600. I called and they apologized and said they will ship me the correct one. I just got a shipping notice and yep, another 3600 on the way.

It almost sounds like ATT wants to subsidize USPS and UPS.

Comcast tells me they will give me a DOCSIS 3 and better speed at the same price I am paying now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks..

Responses

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 years ago

You could probably buy the 5031NV on Ebay if you really want that gateway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
burrism

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

It's not a question of what I want but rather what ATT/Uverse said I should have and were sending to me.

It's quite difficult to communicate with the global help desks since their scripts are limited.

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 years ago

You probably will continue to be sent a 3600HGV unless you get a tech to come. Most techs probably carry the 5031NV now. The 3600HGV models being sent over and over are very likely to be refurbs. The warehouse inventory for AT&T shipments sends whatever they have that matches your service. I don't think there really is a way to force the system to send you that gateway. Maybe try  the ATTU-verseCare team at this link: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

Most customer support agents have no clue what you'll be sent because it's not really in their control I believe.

I am still curious of why the tech gave you a 3801 before all of this since that's a rental only gateway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Get started...

Ask a new question