20th Community Anniversary
Picasso
#1 Star!

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2022 5:37 PM

Modem 5268AC Instability, Login, and Monitoring

We are troubleshooting issues with our modem, 5268AC. Some issues for your guidance. I've looked at the posts through the first few pages of a search for this modem.

1) Slow page load, clear device list, reset modem. When we try to access the modem, the pages load VERY slowly. We plan to clear the device list and to do a "gateway reset" (factory reset?). But are having trouble logging in. We'd like to be able to log in and review all the information we can before doing a reset.

2) Login. We can access some of the modem pages with no apparent log in, but then a page will trigger a request for the Device Access Code. On the status page, it indicated it was the default. On the modem, it shows the code in the form xx/xxxxxx. (x for digit; 2 + forward slash + more digits - I don't recall how many). When we use that to log in, it fails. We used all of it with the slash, the number without the first 2 digits and the slash, and all the digits without the slash. What should we be entering?

3) Factory reset. If we do a factory reset, we would need to re-enter the wireless name and password. We have no other special addresses set. Doing this reset does not require AT&T personnel to re-enter the gateway information - or does it?

4) Log datestamps and download. The logs we could see did not appear to have date stamps. Is that information accessible? Is there a way to download the logs? I did not see it.

I have reviewed this previous accepted solution re device list and reset:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-internet-equipment/dhcp-reset-list-to-solve-connection-issues/

Thanks, Stan

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

3 months ago

You should be entering the entire string of characters listed as the Access Code.  Take a picture of the label with you phone and zoom in on the code.  Many times the characters aren't what they appear to be with the naked eye.  In a few cases, the code must get corrupted (or perhaps someone actually changed it) and the factory reset will fix it.  In rare cases, it requires a replacement gateway.

If you've changed the wifi name and password the factory reset will put it back to what's shown on the label so you would need to re-do whatever change you made.  None of this requires AT&T intervention.

Odd about the logs.  They definitely have time stamps.

Video4Stan

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks! I'll respond further after we try this.

Stan

Video4Stan

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

3 months ago

We made an error on the access code in communicating "forward slash" rather than "backward." When I used the right code; no problem.

The router was much quicker on serving up the setup pages.

We should have no difficulty clearing the device list.

Today, the logs have datestamps. Go figure.

Is there a way to download the logs? Hard to sort this stuff without scanning it more quickly.

Thanks for your help.

Stan

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.5K Messages

3 months ago

I don't have a Pace to check with but online images don't show Save button that's on the later gateways.  Will it let you scroll/copy/paste the logs to a text file?

Video4Stan

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it tomorrow.

Stan

Video4Stan

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

3 months ago

No scroll copy; there is a "next/previous" system to advance by page. But Ctrl+A copied the whole web page and pastes into Excel by cell, so that is something.

I marked your first answer as accepted.

We sort through what we now know and post again as indicated. tonydi, this was very helpful!

Stan

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.