Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Apr 29, 2017 7:45 AM

Massive Amount of FEC Errors

My internet speed over the past couple of days has been well, approximately 2.5% of the regular speed that I would be getting. It's been averaging anywhere from 25-46kbps compared to the normal 1.8mbps that I am supposed to be getting. I checked my broadband status page and was er frightened to see this, I'm assuming this is cause for concern and that I should call my local AT&T ISP to try and get this fixed. But I have no clue what could be causing this many errors, because it has never happened before.

chrome_2017-04-29_02-38-37.png

1 Attachment

Responses

ApexRon

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

@Xtrmnitemare

Yes, this is an issue the AT&T needs to resolve.

@ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

@Xtrmnitemare

Send me a private message with your BAN and I will look in to your issue. The sync rate is concerning considering the max attainable. However, sometimes this can be resolved with a reboot of the modem, but if it persists then there is definitely an issue. This is obviously what is causing the high error counts.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question