For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
DoodleBug123's profile

Mentor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 13th, 2017 11:17 PM

Closed

Manual DNS Server setting on Arris BGW210

It is pretty common to allow a manual configuration of DNS servers on the DHCP settings of routers.  I am shocked that the very nice and fast Arris BGW210-700 does not allow this option.   People and Businesses rely on using customizable DNS servers for security and web filtering - AT&T creates an unnecessary burden by not allowing a user to chose their own DNS service - and instead only uses whatever DNS servers are pushed to the modem.

Please update the software to allow users to override the DNS Server IP addresses.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This DNS limitation is non-acceptable.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Yes it is "so hard." Nowadays, there are a millions different things that connect to the Internet. With a large number of devices it can get to be a lot of work, not only installing, but reinstalling, and keeping track of what device has what. And what is the point of changing the setting when they can be unchanged by other users (like kids), or people upgrade devices, get new devices, etc.? Buying an entirely new device to do something that the device I already have should do is not practical. Maybe you didn't think about any of that when you answered. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution!