Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tue, Apr 4, 2017 4:30 PM

Loss Of Internet - Window's Devices

Internet_Release.png

Do you have a windows device? Having trouble connecting that device to the internet? Did you recently update your OS? If so, the following steps may get your back up and running!

How To Release Your IP On A Windows Device

1. First, delete the network from the computer.
  2. Release your IP – To do this, go to your command prompt and type ipconfig/ release or ipconfig/ all
  3. Restart the computer.
  4. Locate the network and re-enter the Wi-Fi password.

The above has helped many of our users connect after an update on their device. If your Windows device did not go through an update, it does not hurt to perform the steps above.

A note from one of a community managers

“I went to a family member’s home to visit. By chance, some of their devices were not connecting, laptops with windows 10. I used my phone to connect and had no problem. Basic troubleshooting did not help. I asked if anything change and was told they downloaded updates. I decided to release the IP and success. Back up and running.”

If all of your devices are having trouble connecting to the internet and they are not Windows devices, check out this article.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

3 years ago

Is your Window's PC not connecting to the internet? Was it connected before? Check out some helpful information above. It may help!

ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

att chat guy changed my wifi router password today, per my request.  my iphone, ipad and new computer have taken the new password without problem.  can't figure out what to do to get old computer to connect to my network now.  i get a box that says that i need to put in the network security key.  i figured that was the new password.  but it won't take it.  and it won't take the old one.  i don't know if the network security key DOES mean the new password?  is 'security key' different from the password?  underneath, it says 'information has changed since you connected last.  we need additional information to complete the connection'.   and, yes, it has changed, but why won't my new password connect?  i also restarted, but that didn't make any difference.  thanks for any help!    the att guy said he would call back to make sure it worked, but he never did.  and i remember when we first signed up they said that and no one ever called.  so i'm not holding my breath as it has been hours.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Lap top will not connect to wi fi. iPhones and iPads are working fine.