Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
echodun's profile
echodun
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Mentor

• 

15 Messages

Thu, May 22, 2014 2:38 PM

Looking to bridge the NVG589 - Options

I currently have a Netgear DGN2200, but sadly it doesn't have a WAN port so I'm looking to upgrade my router.  My main concerns are as follows:

1.  I need a guest network.  Since I plan to bridge the new router I'd want it to have a good guest network for company when they visit. The lack of a guest network and parental controls on the NVG589 is a huge oversight.

2.  I'd like to get something faster than my DGN2200 which is a 300 dual band router.  Perhaps AC technology, but I don't need a Nighthawk or something of that magnitude.  I currentl have about 15 - 20 devices connected to router (either wi-fi or LAN).

3.  I'd like to at least maintain my current internet speed.  I get roughly 43Mbps and I wouldn't want to jeopardize my WAN speed by merely bridging to a new router.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Responses

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @echodun,

There is no true way to bridge the NVG589, but you can set it up in a passthough mode, and it will cover all your main concerns. Here is a great post from frostcall that explains the process.

Hope this helps.

-David T

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Get started...

Ask a new question