redjada's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Saturday, August 4th, 2012 10:14 PM

Logging into the RG

Im having problems logging into my RG. I don't have a password, just a 10 digit key. Here is the message I get.

If you still cannot remember the current system password, you may change it by first entering the unique 10-digit system password printed on the bottom of your unit. After entering the correct key, you must immediately change your existing system password by typing and confirming a new password in the spaces below.

I just set up a tablet (wireless) a few days ago and the Key on the RG worked for that. Trying to connect a security camera wireless, I need to change the setting in the RG to allow it. What am I missing.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Okay it looks like you first have to plug the camera in using a hardwire connection BEFORE you can set up the wireless portion.  This will allow the RG to assign an IP address, default gateway, etc.  Then follow the instructions here to set up the wireless part.  Although the instructions reference a Belkin router, you can find the same information in the RG and input it in the camera.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

I think these might clear things up for you: http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/guide-to-port-forwarding-2wire-router/

Foscam port forwarding 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

There are:  1) the System Password and 2) the Wireless Network Key.  They are not the same thing.

Which RG do you have?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

redjada- My TG has three numbers - Wireless Key (what you used to set up the tablet) the IP address of the RG, Device access code - What you need to change settings in the RG - the password.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

OK, I did find the access #. Ill give it a shot and let you know how it works.

On another note, I am a bit confused on the wireless camera set up. The camera asks for the "shared password" for the router. Im guessing that is the net work key?

Thanks

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

What kind of camera is it?  Post the name and model number and we can research it on line and help with pointers.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks Bee. Its a Foscam FI8908W. I appreciate any help.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks Bee, I got everything working.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Opps... I spkoe too soon. Everything works fine on my homw network. But I cant access it for out side of there. I think I completly missed something???

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@redjada wrote:

Opps... I spkoe too soon. Everything works fine on my homw network. But I cant access it for out side of there. I think I completly missed something???

If you're talking about accessing your camera when you're away from home, you will need to set up port forwarding for your camera.  You can find port forwarding in the wireless section of your gateway's configuration interface.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.