Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 5:52 PM

LG 2019 55 uhd tv

I'm having some difficulty connecting my new lg tv to my att uverse set top box.  I have the two connected by a new HDMI cable (UHD compatible) and I've tried multiple cables. The TV accurately identifies the box as an att Uverse box and I can get it through regional setup but then the TV can't seem to accurately display the signal.  It flashes on and off and occasionally will settle in on a channel but there's no rhyme or reason to when/how this happens. I've reset the TV/ turned everything off an on again.  On the plus side the TV flawlessly connects to the WIFI (also att).  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Responses

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

9 months ago

Are there any special settings you have to do on that tv for 720p or 1080i input?  Check your tv's user manual.

Do the dvr or receiver's menus appear on the tv?  If so change the screen resolution to 1080i (uverse remote's menu -> options -> system -> tv screen resolution).

Are there other HDMI ports you can try on the tv?  If so try those and set the tv's input accordingly?

Could try component cables.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I hope we find the answer your story is identical to what I am going through with my new LG55SM86 

AT&T U-verse (Columbus)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

My AT&T U-verse system works great on a older 42 LG led tv hooked up with HDMI cable

new LG

have tried Multiple cables have not tried a monster cable that I Saw recommended Earlier

TV recognizes that the HDMI cable is connected but when I go to set the TV up to read channels no channel show up TV says no signal from HDMI

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Have tried new modem

older DVR were HDMI Cable connect to TV

New LG Bad

or problem on U-verse end

or am doing something wrong 🤔

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issue here, on a LG 65um7300. Only have issues with the U-verse receiver - no blinking or trouble connecting with an Xbox or using Netflix etc. Anyone get a fix yet?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same TV, same issue. When I turn on the uverse box along with the TV, the screen flickers randomly for a good 2-3 mins.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Just unhooked a LG 60 that worked fine on the ATT box and replaced with a LG 75UM80. Having the same issue. HELP!!!