Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Nov 20, 2016 9:07 AM

Is there a list of 3rd party Cable Modem/Router combos that are compatible with ATT uverse service?

I provide IT support for several small business. I recently acquired a new customer who has broadband service provided through ATT.  The customer is currently leaseing a Cable modem /router through ATT. I'm not real happy with the level of service from the ATT provided/leased router modem. I have had similar issues with customers how have other ISP providers. It was a realitivly simnple task to obtain a list of compatible equipment for those ISP's. not so much from ATT. So far I have recieved conlficting information.

Can someone help me/point me in the right direction? Before I recommend that this ATT customer switch to a different provider, I would prefer to work with ATT to make things work.

My customer has told me that this is the third Cable mode/router replaced by ATT over the past 3 months - I cannot verify this claim, but clearly my customer is frustrated by her perciption of bad serice.

Thanks in advance for you help

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

3 years ago

Uverse customers are required to use leased AT&T equipment.  You can put another modem behind the leased one to improve service but you cannot replace it.  That would be the only option with Uverse service.

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

The simple answer is no. You must use our equipment with Uverse. 

But you have some options. You can disable wireless and set up DMZ+ to forward to a 3rd party router. This would effectively just make the AT&T provided device a "bridge" (DMZ+ is the only way to have the closest thing to an actual bridge). This will also allow you to set up the network from the 3rd party router, this is good because if our equipment goes belly up, then you are not stuck having to re-configure the entire network.

Also, being a network guy myself, I have to be curious... While I understand that our equipment is not optimal in all situations and they can become defective. It seems odd to have had to replace so many in such a short period of time, it makes me wonder if there is an underlying issue of some sort. Do you happen to know their Uverse Billing Account Number (BAN) or their member ID (AT&T email address)? I would like to take a look at the line stats and signals, just to make sure everything is good. If you know any of that info, just shoot me a private message.

-Mark

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I agree with your assessment on the equipment, it is a touchy subject but I
will try to get that info and forward it to you.

Thanks for the additional info on potential options.

Loren

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for your reply

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

WHAT THIRD PARTY MODEMS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ATT?

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…