For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bradleymauk's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015 8:46 PM

Is there a fix for the PACE 5268ac mishandling of mDNS requests?

After being "upgraded" to the PACE 5268AC residential gateway, I have discovered that this device improperly handles mDNS requests.  This results in problems for AirPlay, Bonjour, etc communicating between the wireless network and any devices using ethernet.

I have not found any configuration that resolves this issue, and seems to be an issue with the firmware.

@ATTU-verseCare Is there a fix for the handling of mDNS requests with the PACE 5268ac residential gateway?  When will it be available?

If not, can you please provide the proper step-by-step configuration instructions (for a non networking guru) to set up a router behind the 5268ac that handles all network traffic, NAT, the DHCP, wireless network, etc?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@bradleymauk   ATT is aware of it, but they put no timetable and especially w/the Holidays coming up, don't expect anything b4 the new year. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, @mibrnsurg.

Is there a master thread or defect list where they are reporting or tracking this issue?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @bradleymauk,

We apologize about the inconveniences, but we are working towards getting the issue fixed. The main thread we have been updating is this one. With more and more coming up, we are looking to see what the best possible way to keep everyone updated when the issue is resolved. In the meantime, a secondary router to handle mDNS requests has been the fix. With most routers, you do not need any special configurations to get it working. Once you have it setup to connect to our gateway, the few things we suggest is to disable the wireless on our gateway to reduce wireless interference and try to use a different DHCP subnet then our gateway's 192.168.1.x.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

@ATTU-verseCare Thank you for the acknowledgement of the issue.  I have read through the thread you had linked to above in your response that you have said to have been updating, however the only update I see on the issue is from December 10th (which is older than this thread). 

I understand that the current defualt response is to put a router behind the gateway, but I am conflicted in having to purchase new hardware for an issue that is a result of AT&T.

Is there an update on the mDNS issue?  Or have you figured out a better way (or place) to keep everyone in the loop on this?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about the issues. We are still working on this issue. We apologize about all the delays. We are planning on resolving this issue with the next firmware update, so you will not have to do anything on your end. As with all firmware pushes, there is extensive testing before deployment. 

With the U-verse gateway, the main purpose is still for internet based purposes. We are always trying to provide a solution for all networking needs, but for internal networking, we always suggest using  your own personal router.

-ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

We thank you for your patience as we work on this issue. We are in the process of testing a fix. If everything goes as planned, we hope to have it deployed in the next firmware update, which should roll out before the end of this month.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

This is great news and I am very grateful for the proactive update!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thanks how do we get the firmware update for our gateways? is there a link that we have to go to in order to download the firmware update or is it automatically pushed? 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@jcreekbaum wrote:

Thanks how do we get the firmware update for our gateways? is there a link that we have to go to in order to download the firmware update or is it automatically pushed

Hit it on one of your choices. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

Ummm... did this ever happen?? @ATTU-verseCare

Because I have been having this issue with DNS & DHCP my last ATT supplied router which is still an on going problem with the new one I got last November, a Pace 5268AC. I would sure like to know if there is a solution, please. Smiley Very Happy

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that ATT would give me faulty equiptment knowing that there is a pre-existing issue with the software, especially since I had discussed with them the problems I have had with web savy trolls and my concerns for internet safty. They assured me there would be no problems, but it has been nothing but such for too many months. Smiley Frustrated

@bradleymauk???

@mibrnsurg???

@jcreekbaum???

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.