Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, May 31, 2016 9:33 PM

IR Repeater for Cisco ISB7005

In one of my rooms, I have the Cisco ISB7005 receiver in a cabinet.  Everytime I want to watch TV in that room I have to open the door to the cabinet.  Which IR receiver is compatible with the wireless box so I do not have to open the cabinet door to watch TV?

Thank You

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.5K Messages

4 years ago

None that I know of if this is for having a wireless connection to the WAP.

If OTH you are looking for a RF remote, that is a different story, best answered by @aviewer

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, I should have clarified.  I need and RF remote extender.  Interestingly enough the connection to the WAP seems fine and the TV is connected to the Cisco by HDMI.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Iro0511 - The u-verse point anywhere remote sends IR to the TV & RF to a dongle that is plugged in to the STB where it is blasted as IR.

I had one for five years & it works. But, RF is not really that strong. If you go for one & it is not that solid we can talk about modifications to improve performance.

Here are extenders that probably work, but no experience - https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-ir-remote-extenders?id=ezirremoteextenders-20&gclid=CPXTl57c28gCFVcSHwodousEYw

My preference is the logitech harmony companion hub system that I used to replace the point anywhere. Here is my journal - https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV/Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-Remote/m-p/4028946#M2963

If it appeals to you or you wonder if it will do other things for you, we can discuss further.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Iro0511 - Follow up triggered by similar thread in Logitech forum - Each solution has advantages/disadvantages that are not primary focus -

The U-verse remote/ dongle syatem only works with u-verse remote & STB (&TV). Short wi-fi range

The LH hub covers a wide range of equipment, but only works as an LH system. Short wi-fi range, longer than u-verse remote. May require wired connection. Major advantage (if needed)- supports up to three STBs. Addl LH features.

The "universal" extender works with most equipment. May not support some IR formats. Works with any remote that works directly. You can change remote. Wi-fi range advertized as long dstance. Some require wire connection. Most like use of remote (only) with equipment in room.

Get started...

Ask a new question