Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Jul 2, 2020 5:54 PM

Internet/phone drops for 1 minute several times a day

This has been going on for over a year.  Service drops, the router's interface shows Broadband and Phone line as DOWN.  A minute later, it's back.   I had an NVG589 router.  Last January the AT&T tech replaced it with the same model.  Problem did not go away.   I tried cleaning the contacts and wires where the line comes into the house, did not fix the problem.  Tried disabling IPv6, no difference.  Modem had a battery backup, so it's not a power issue.  Now the tech just came out again, he checked the line and said there were no errors, it only showed that the modem would restart itself every so often.   He says it's not the line to the house, or inside the house.  He replaced the router with an BGW210-700.  It dropped service twice in the first hour after he left.  I'm at my wits' end.  Someone from AT&T (or anyone else) please chime in here and tell me what else to try.

Responses

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

Thank you so much for this thread. I also missed the same issue as well. 

Get started...

Ask a new question