Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
W

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 12:46 PM

Internet capped at 64 mb

I found out earlier this week my Internet speed was capped at 64 mb and yet I am paying for 100 mb.  Tech Support indicated they needed to replace my router in order to fix this issue.  This is now my 3rd, maybe 4th replacement in the past 6 months.  I was informed my router would arrive on 7-15-2020 (yesterday), I find out today that I won't get it until 7-17-2020 (tomorrow).  AT&T support is horrendous to say the least.  There are other options for me, well one option, that I guess I have exercise.  Has anyone had their internet speed capped in this manner?

Responses

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

21 days ago

Would you go to your Gateway at http://192.168.1.254/ , click on the Broadband tab and look for the table that shows your Sync rates.  Make a screenshot of that table and post it here.

What I think you are describing is a situation where you're subscribed to the 100 Mbps tier, but your line cannot handle 100 Mbps.  The Gateway and the AT&T Network equipment have been set to process what they can handle.  As long as that's greater than the next tier down (50 Mbps), then 100 Mbps is the right service tier.

As far as I know, the price for 50 Mbps and 100 Mbps are currently the same, so the benefit of being on 100 Mbps means you get 64 Mbps instead of 50 Mbps, and you're not paying any more for that than you would have.

Anyway, get the screenshot if you could so we know what your line can do.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question