Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jun 1, 2013 7:22 PM

I'm trying to connect my Kindle Fire to my wifi and I keep getting an error message.

I went to my Kindle's settings, turned on the wifi, and then entered my router's password.  It keeps giving me an error saying unable to connect. However, my laptop connected without any problem.  Suggestions?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

SadathCS

Employee

• 

581 Messages

7 years ago

Hello ymc, I would recommend to make sure your Kindle is connecting to the correct network. Check the (Advanced Configuration) label on the side of your Residential Gateway and collect the SSID and Wireless Network Key.

Roku3-6.png

If a custom SSID and Network Key have been setup and no longer working I would suggest performing a Factory Reset on the gateway by pressing and holding the small red button on that back for 15 seconds. When the gateway returns to service you will be able to use the default SSID and Network Key.

• Tap on the top right of you kindle next to the battery level indicator. You will see the settings menu.
  • Tap on the WiFi or Wireless icon.
  • Turn WiFi off and ON (leave ON selected)
  • Find the wireless network that corresponds to your gateway (2WireXXX)
  • Tap on FORGET if it allows you( This will remove any incorrect information for previous attempts to connect to this network)
  • Enter the default Wireless Network key found on the gateway.
  • Allow the Kindle to Authenticate.

Your Kindle should now be connected to your U-verse wireless network.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 years ago

Sure you used the wireless key and not RG password?:smileyconfused:

Chris

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same problem,with 2 kindles plus a printer that needs a IP address to work and isn't receiving one from the gateway, what is next if this doesn't work, been told by a tech 2, that the problem is more than likely a password issue, I have put the password in numerous times and made sure it was correct, still no luck, have cell phones hooked up two laptops and an alarm system, so why am I having an issue with these?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Don't worry Kindle Help Guide expert team is here to help you. We provide you with the best solutions. Call us any time on toll-free number USA/ Canada: (+1) 8884800288, UK: (+44) 800 0418324 or visit our site Kindle Help Guides.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I can connect my Kindle to my home WiFi but not on to the internet.