Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Mar 28, 2020 8:30 AM

I want to replace my router and lose equipment fee.

So I have noticed that my router in 5+ years old and was looking to replace it with an att compatible router (Netgear nighthawk r7000). I want to do this to remove the equipment fee and I want a broader and stronger range of connection in my home. I want to know if I'm able to eliminate the fee and use my own router.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

2 months ago

Eliminate the fee, no... need to use the ATT gateway to authorize the account.

You can call and request a different unit... current units include 589 (2.4Ghz only wireless) and dual band wifi gateways include the 599, 5268 and the 210-700. If you do not have a dual band unit please call for one of these models to be shipped. You swap and return the original unit via UPS or FEDEX.

You may place your own equipment behind the ATT gateway either as an ACCESS POINT (LAN to LAN) or as router (LAN to WAN).

If want to use your equipment more functionality, will need to setup wither DMZ or IP PASSTHROUGH depending on the model of your gateway.

Search forum for setting up 3rd party device for instructions.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.