J

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 30th, 2020 10:39 PM

I want to connect my own router and modem in place of Gateway. Help?

I have the horrendous ARRIS Gateway and my internet connection is garbage. I've rebooted, done channel scans etc to speed up my connection. I'm fed up. I have a router and modem that I purchased from Best Buy when I still used Spectrum that I would like to use again. I know Spectrum is a different company but when the ATT technician came out to connect our services, he told me I could set up my router and modem through the My Home Network portal. I'm not computer savvy, but I gave it a go and tried to figure out how to set up my equipment with no luck. Then I called Customer Support to try to get some help and couldn't even reach a real person. Can someone please walk me through how to set this up? I'm beginning to think I should have stuck with Spectrum....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Making sure you understand that you must use the AT&T gateway to authorize service. However, you can add your own router after the gateway using IP Passthrough or DMZ mode. This article covers a lot of points concerning how to set this up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.