donshu_1's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 8:47 PM

how to setup port forwarding on PACE 5031NV?

how to setup port forwarding on PACE 5031NV?  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello donshu, the PACE 5031NV is very much like the 2Wire 3600.

To setup your Port Forwarding you will need to enter http://192.168.1.254 in your browser's address bar.

The System Password will be required to make any changes which is found on a label on the side of the gateway.

Click on Customize Firewall to access Firewall settings.

donshu.bmp

Follow the steps found on Applications, Pinholes and DMZ

tomrdew8.bmp

If you select (Allow individual applications) on step 2 you can click on (Add a new user- defined application) to open specific TCP ports.

tomrdew5.bmp

Add to List after entering the port information

Employee

• 

82 Messages

11 years ago

Port Fowarding

1. Open your browser and go to 192.168.1.254 (when prompted for the password use the system password on the side of the NVG on the yellow sticker)

2. Click "Firewall" at the top then go to "NAT/Gaming"

3. Select the "Service" under "Application Hosting Entry" , then select "Needed by Device" and select device needing the specified port(s) and click "Add"

(Note: repeat step 3 for each device and/or port needed per device)

4. If your service or port is not in the list already you may add it a custom service in the "Manage Custom Serivices" by clicking "Custom Services"

5. Fill in the needed information for your custom port and click "Add" at the bottom

6. When added repeat step 3 to add service to device.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I can't locate a document for your router but look at this and see if it might help: https://getsocial.att.com/docs/DOC-1233

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi SadathCS I was wondering if I could get some further assistance from you on port forwarding a PACE 5031NV. I've followed the instructions posted by yourself exactly, however when checking to see if my chosen port is open with various online open port checkers it still says its closed/connection timed out.

Right now I have the "allow individual applications" checked as well as an application added with both TCP/UDP enabled, everything seems to show that it should be open however its still closed. I've also power cycled the 5031NV to see if it would help and still so far nothing works. Any help from anybody would be wonderful.

As a side note I still have my Netgear router that I used prior to upgrading to this new Uverse 5031NV modem/router so if neccessary is there a way to change the 5031NV to bridge mode and simply letting my original Netgear router handle this?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same experience today with my Pace 5031NV.  I enabled port forwarding for both 443 and 80 but even so, Windows Server 2012 r2 Essentials is not able to complete the Remote Web Access Setup.  Did you have any success?  If so what opened the ports for you?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I have learned what my problem was. The Pace gateway is indeed able to work with Windows Server 2012r2 Essentials remote web access.  WARNING!  Even though I selected my server in step one, when I opened a new page on the router to define my custom applicaton and clicked Done I returned to the firewall page and my selection was replaced with the original default values.  So I inadvertently set up my workstation with the custom application instead of my server.

Kudos to Alex M. of AT&T social Media Manager for spotting my error. 

Eric

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi, I am having the same problem mentioned in this post. My Pace 5031nv will not forward ports 80, 8000, and 8554. I am trying to use these ports for a CCTV system. I have completed the following steps:

• logged into router at 192.168.1.254
  • Navigated to Settings>Firewall>Application, Pinholes and DMZ
  • I can complete step 1, and select the device
  • When I go to step 2, I have added the "New user defined application" with the ports mentioned above. This item application then populates into the Application list. When I highlight the application, and click add (to move to hosted applications) I get a "Configuration Successful" message after the page reloads. HOWEVER, the application is not in the "Hosted Applications" box. It's still in the "Application List" box, only. 
  • I check the ports at canyouseeme.org - none of them are open.
  • I then click on "Edit or Delete User Defined Application"
  • When I get to the next page, I highlight my application, and click delete. 
  • Then, I get the Error:  This application is currently being hosted. To delete this application it will have to be removed from the Hosted Applications.
  • This is a problem, since it's not in the "Hosted Applications" box on the previous page (the "Settings>Firewall>Application, Pinholes and DMZ" main page)

So I'm stuck. I decided to try hosting a router behind my Pace 5031nv. It's a Cisco e4200. I set up the Pace to give DMZ status to the Cisco router. I set up the same ports to forward on the Cisco router. I still don't have open ports...but the router is handling my normal web access flawlessly.

Please help. I've spent countless hours trying and retrying different things. Nothing seems to work.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

McDonald's wifi timed out so I lost my carefully composed reply!!  Note to self:  never hit the submit button without copy/paste text to Notepad!!

I am not sure you made the same mistake I did but verify that the specific device (CCTV) has your custom rule applied to it.  If this rule is applied to a different device (as happened to me) then you won't be able to use the same rule twice.  If you cannot apply your rule to your CCTV then you somehow (check my post above) applied your custom rule to the wrong device.

I suggest an experiment:  Use the Pace DMZ feature to open all ports to your CCTV.  If this works then you will know that you are able to configure the Pace.  I don't know why it would be unsafe to forward ALL ports to a CCTV if it is essentially a passive display device and I am NOT a security expert.  Perhaps a more authorative person will help with this question.

As for using a second router you are able to configure:  Use the Pace DMZ feature to forward all ports to the second router, connect your CCTV to the second router, and then create and apply a custom "application" rule to the CCTV on the second router.  I have NOT tested this but was about to do so when I realized (with outside help) that I had not actually created and applied a special application rule for my server.  The rule I created was applied to the wrong computer.  Using a second router can be problematic because each will have DHCP etc. etc. so you may need more tinkering with settings and such to get this to work. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@erlewis5 Actually would have seen Load/Discard at top of reply when you came back to reply to same post if never posted.  Could have Load(ed) everything saved upto last autosave cycle. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

That's good advice for posting - have any advice for my problem Mr. ACE ?  Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.