Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
scworx's profile

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Dec 14, 2015 7:32 PM

How to set up static IP on Pace 5268AC

I was having problems with my old Arris NVG router and was given a new one but the tech says he cannot configure it.  I must do that.  However, I do not see wher I add my block of static IPs to this new wrouter.

Please help

ji785s

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

7 y前

@scworx If you are paying AT&T for public static ips you would set this up in the modem in the options below. Also the tech should have set that up for you

Screenshot_5.png

If your referring to just having one device to always use a specific private ip (192.168.1.X) given by the modem you can set it in the following

Screenshot_6.png

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 y前

I could be wrong, but I am thinking  he is referinbg to static ips used by devices on his intra net, not the actual internet.

My wi-fi router configured it automatically, as I recall, but have heard folks who had to configure it manually.

If he IS refering to a static internet ip, then the is a bit beyond me, and apologise for getting what was being asked, wrong.

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

7 y前

Thank you for your help.  I got it up and running.  I can see my servers again. 

Yes- I thought the tech should have set it up also.  I am a business customer with 5 statics.  I run servers behind these and also a private network. My old router just stopped accepting incoming requests for some reason last week.  I have been down for 5 days.  I rebooted a hundred times and spoke to 20 different people trying to get it resolved.  I had a phone number from a tech and asked him to help me.  He brought this new router but said he only installs and does not set up router with statics.  I told him I could figure it out. Yeah right. 

The GUI's are so confusing these days. The nomenclature is confusing when it says to "Add additional Network".  I will need additional help when I get to firewall. Hopefully you can help.

Thanks again

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

7 y前

How do I access it remotely?  I am trying to set it up remotely but can't get in.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 y前

Using a web browser connected thru your router, you access it by typing in the ip number on the label on your router. it will be in the form:  http://127,0,6,127, and then you use the login in name, and password also on the label, unless you changed it, in which case, use that.

(That ip I used, I just made up, btw. and it's periods, not commas. sorry.)

You can download a owners/users manual for your device from the manufactorers suport site, and it will give you the exact directions on how to access all the features available.

I am generalizing, as every device works differantly, but that should work, or at least, close enough, you can figure out the rest.

Good luck.

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

7 y前

I can't seem to access it outside the network.  Just thru wifi 192.168.1.254.  I was able to access my old router thru its Static IP  or the remote access static:port for ex. (76.224.169.46:43369).  Can I only access this one by wifi?  Is there a remote access panel somewhere?

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

7 y前

Do I need IPV6 turned on on this router?

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

7 y前

Also How do I turn off DHCP to let my local network router handle that.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 y前

@Darknessrise, is there any chance you can help @scworx with his wireless router questions? sorry to say, I am a little over my head on this one, and don't want to give him bad advice. Thanks.

Traveler

• 

7 Messages

7 y前

I turned IPV6 off on the Att router and everything seems to still be working fine. I also set my DHCP to serve up 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.10.  My other router behind the ATT router serves up the rest of the private IPs (NAT) 192.168.1.200 0 192.168.1.240.  ATT router Firewall is somewhat open and my servers and local router's firewalls are doing the protecting.  Seems like this is a faster connection than my previous NVG589.  Maybe I'm just elated that its all working again.

Thanks for all your help

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 y前

@scworx

So is everything working as you wanted and you figured everything out?

You might want to remove your IP address from the post.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

I did that but when I save the settings it asks for the device ID.  After I key  it in, it states Configuration Saved.  When I checked the address assignment the settings did not save.  What gives?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

Upon further investigation I have determined that I can set reserve IPs on the first page

but when I go to the next page they won't save.  Anybody have any ideas?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

I am having the same problem - Page 2 entries won't save. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

@LakeCruiser

I was determined to figure out to solve this issue.  I ended up examining the HTML code and the following is a workaround.  I changed the number of rows on the page to 99 to see all the entries on one page.  Here's how to jump to it on your router:

http://[Your_Router_IP_Address]/xslt?PAGE=C_2_4&EROW=99&SROW=1

Once you see all the entries on a single page, any saves you make actually post.

Enjoy!

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.