Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Thu, May 18, 2017 6:24 PM

How to register & activate your account

The Smart Home Manager just got smarter! Personalize your home Wi-Fi network and more with our free app for AT&T Internet customers. 

The Smart Home Manager gives you easy access to all the home network information you need. You can:

• Register your account before your install date to gain access to the U-verse App.
  • View devices connected to your network
  • Disconnect devices from your network (with some Wi-Fi gateways)
  • View your Wi-Fi network information
  • Change your Wi-Fi network name or password
  • Many other things explained below!

Note: Smart Home Manager features vary by Wi-Fi gateway model.

Accessing Smart Home Manger

You can access via:

Smart Home Options

Register your Account

What you need:

• Account Number - If you're not sure what your Account Number is, learn how to find it.
  • Passcode - This is the unique passcode that was setup when you ordered your service.

The Smart Home Manager App makes it easy to register your account. Once you have the information above, launch the Smart Home Manager app and follow the instructions. It will guide you step by step in setting up your userID, password, and setup your security questions.

Home Page

The home page will show how many of each device is connected. To find out more about the devices, click on the device icon.

You can also see your network name and password along with easily rebooting your Wi-Fi Gateway.

Device Page

The device page shows all the devices connected to your network. You can filter by Connected devices or Not Connected devices.

By selecting a particular device, you can find more information on it including blocking that device.

Assistant Page

Get help from our virtual assistant for common issues or questions you may have!

Tools Page

The best part of Smart Home Manager are the Tools to help optimize your internet experience.

Profiles

Profiles allow you to set parental controls on your devices. You can group your devices and add restrictions for your connections.

Network Notifications

Get notifications of possible issues detected by Smart Home Manager.

Invite Guest

Send your network name and password to a guest through your phone. Depending on your phone, you can send it by email, text, and many other ways.

Speed Test

Run a speed test on your gateway to see what type of connection you are getting. If you notice any issues, use the Smart Home Manager app to help solve the problem. If that doesn't help, check out our support page that has many different things that have helped others in the past fix their issues.

Speed Test.jpg

Network Health Check

Check out the connection status of your devices. Go to the advanced tab to see if there are any weak connections. If you notice any issues, use the Smart Home Manager app to help solve the problem. If that doesn't help, check out our support page that has many different things that have helped others in the past fix their issues.

Network Health Check Advanced.jpg

Data Usage

See who is sucking up the bandwidth. This is a great way to see what might be causing slow internet speeds. You can see the what might be causing slower speeds or the time periods where you may experience a slow down.

Data Usage.jpg

Wi-Fi Test

Use your phone to test the Wi-Fi connection in that area. 

WiFi Test Results.jpg

Channel Scan

Your WiFi signal will broadcast over a certain channel. You can think of it like a lane on a highway. If too many people are on the same channel, then you run into congestion. The channel scan will find the best lane for you and change to that channel.

Channel Scan.jpg

Smart Home Manager not Working

If you notice issues while using Smart Home Manager, there are a few things to try to fix it:

• Restart the app.
  • Reboot your gateway.
  • Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
  • Make sure you are logging in with the correct ID. If you are not sure, visit the Find your ID page.
  • Remove 3rd party devices, such as routers and switches. Afterwards, reboot your gateway and restart the app to see if that helps. 3rd party devices can cause conflicts with the app. If you still need to use a 3rd party device, use smart home manager to optimize your network before adding the 3rd party device back.
  • If still having issues, you may need to factory reset your gateway to restore the settings.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

5 Attachments

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I need to get my phone to connect at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz, to setup a new devise.  Is it as simple as logging onto the guest/secondary login of my router?  Is the guest status always at 5GHz and the main internet connection at 5?

Tsrt60

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 months ago

I more than understand your frustration. I  am having a not so pleasant experience with the fiber optic internet and the airties extenders. I share your pain and continue to search for resolutions.  

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

8 months ago

Yup. I actually gave up and now have two Apple Airport Extremes and two 1200 TP Link extenders. All strategically placed. Couldn’t be happier.
My advice is throw the AirTies away, they are junk.
Tsrt60

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 months ago

I'm just about at that point Dominic1000. The app and diagnostic tools are less than useless and the people I get to chat with at tech support are less than helpful! I have NEVER been so aggravated in all my life than i have been over the last 2 months with AT&T as well as this NOT so lightning speed fiber optic internet that someone talked me into!! I'm extremely disgusted with the entire ordeal!!!

I truly appreciate your insight.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…