How to register & activate your account
The Smart Home Manager just got smarter! Personalize your home Wi-Fi network and more with our free app for AT&T Internet customers.
The Smart Home Manager gives you easy access to all the home network information you need. You can:
- Register your account before your install date to gain access to the U-verse App.
- View devices connected to your network
- Disconnect devices from your network (with some Wi-Fi gateways)
- View your Wi-Fi network information
- Change your Wi-Fi network name or password
- Many other things explained below!
Note: Smart Home Manager features vary by Wi-Fi gateway model.
Accessing Smart Home Manger
You can access via:
- The myAT&T app: Select My Internet > Scroll Down and Select AT&T Smart Home Manager
- Your Desktop (Internet Explorer (IE) 11 or above (or using, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox).
- Our Troubleshooting & Resolve Online Tool
- Smart Home Manager app - Android device or Apple Device
Smart Home Options
Register your Account
What you need:
- Account Number - If you're not sure what your Account Number is, learn how to find it.
- Passcode - This is the unique passcode that was setup when you ordered your service.
The Smart Home Manager App makes it easy to register your account. Once you have the information above, launch the Smart Home Manager app and follow the instructions. It will guide you step by step in setting up your userID, password, and setup your security questions.
The home page will show how many of each device is connected. To find out more about the devices, click on the device icon.
You can also see your network name and password along with easily rebooting your Wi-Fi Gateway.
The device page shows all the devices connected to your network. You can filter by Connected devices or Not Connected devices.
By selecting a particular device, you can find more information on it including blocking that device.
Get help from our virtual assistant for common issues or questions you may have!
The best part of Smart Home Manager are the Tools to help optimize your internet experience.
Profiles allow you to set parental controls on your devices. You can group your devices and add restrictions for your connections.
Get notifications of possible issues detected by Smart Home Manager.
Send your network name and password to a guest through your phone. Depending on your phone, you can send it by email, text, and many other ways.
Run a speed test on your gateway to see what type of connection you are getting. If you notice any issues, use the Smart Home Manager app to help solve the problem. If that doesn't help, check out our support page that has many different things that have helped others in the past fix their issues.
Network Health Check
Check out the connection status of your devices. Go to the advanced tab to see if there are any weak connections. If you notice any issues, use the Smart Home Manager app to help solve the problem. If that doesn't help, check out our support page that has many different things that have helped others in the past fix their issues.
See who is sucking up the bandwidth. This is a great way to see what might be causing slow internet speeds. You can see the what might be causing slower speeds or the time periods where you may experience a slow down.
Use your phone to test the Wi-Fi connection in that area.
Your WiFi signal will broadcast over a certain channel. You can think of it like a lane on a highway. If too many people are on the same channel, then you run into congestion. The channel scan will find the best lane for you and change to that channel.
Smart Home Manager not Working
If you notice issues while using Smart Home Manager, there are a few things to try to fix it:
- Restart the app.
- Reboot your gateway.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
- Make sure you are logging in with the correct ID. If you are not sure, visit the Find your ID page.
- Remove 3rd party devices, such as routers and switches. Afterwards, reboot your gateway and restart the app to see if that helps. 3rd party devices can cause conflicts with the app. If you still need to use a 3rd party device, use smart home manager to optimize your network before adding the 3rd party device back.
- If still having issues, you may need to factory reset your gateway to restore the settings.
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp