ncelife's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 13th, 2013 10:27 PM

how to change NAT type for AT&T U-verse

Trying to find step by step instructions on how to change the NAT settings on my router to always OPEN

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello Deborah Ambrose, to change NAT settings you can access the Residential Gateway by opening a web browser and doing the following:

Type 192.168.1.254 in your browser

This link should take you to access the gui to the 2Wire Gateway.

It will require you to enter the system password to make changes.

Follow the next screenshots and input what you see for each page.

192.bmp

168.bmpDMZ.bmp

Scroll down to 2) Edit firewall settings for this computer

DMZ2.bmpTCP.bmpsuccess.bmpUDP.bmpsuccess.bmpUDP2.bmpsuccess.bmpbackudp.bmp254.bmpaddxbox.bmpaddxbox4.bmpsuccess.bmp

Note: Restart/Reboot XBOX after the changes

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi ncelife, hopefully the information that sadath_l posted helped resolve your issue. I was browsing around on the internet for people with similar problems, and this was the fix for many people. Our router does not support UPnP so you have to open up these specific ports. If you are still having issues, you can follow his instructions and also open the following ports, which appears to have worked for some other people:

• Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

Let us know if this helped resolve your issue by marking it "Correct Answer." If not, let us know what error you are getting and we would be glad to help.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Short answer, you can't change the NAT settings to always open on the motorola nvg510.  Jury's still out if MS has found a work around on the xbox one or sony for the ps4 for the att / motorola design failure.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Did this and still xbox live says NAT problem.

Per msoft we compared the WAN addr he's trying matches our g/w.

The xbox one is "inactive" and "not connected" on our 3801HGV, dont' know why these conditions should be true.

I see elsewhere that someone says to make it a "static IP" (not using DHCP to assign an ipaddr). I have not done this. is this something to try?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

It looks like the ports listed above are inadequate.  In this article

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Microsoft lists 3 TCP and 6 UDP ports that need to be open.  The above only opens one TCP and two UDP.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks JeffMC...

Yep, already been ot their site and those 3+6. I verified ref you provided, thanks.

But still doesn't work.

How 'bout my other two questions on:

"static ip"  and what ever the other one was?

and how the xboxone is not visible to the router? Obviously it's setup and some times knows

Thanks, M.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

The way you configure pin holes on the RG is not by IP address, but by computer name (which is MAC based), so it wouldn't really help to have a local static IP address.

Having a public static IP address would allow you to have multiple XBOXen behind the RG and allow both of them to connect simultaneously, whereas you can only configure one on the main public dynamic IP address without a UPnP router behind the RG.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry, JefferMC, got interrupted.

Ok, no static IP? I thought there was a way to provide an IP addr.

You understand what I mean when I say the router tells me the xboxone is not active? I know the xboxone will reachout to xbox live. It operates with other sites (I think) so the only fail is xboxlive being able to get back in to our xboxone.

Is there any way to determine that someone has made it work with this RG?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

JefferMC (et al),

My resident xbox one operator informs me the problem has fixed itself!?! Just spoke to him trying to gather more info.

So now I'm the one who has made it work!

I don't know what slid into place to make it happen but I'm glad to see it.

I'll be glad to discuss here with anyone having the problem. Maybe some of my son's magic will rub off on you too.

thanks again JefferMC.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I done this and it made my nat go from moderate to strict on my xbox one
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.