Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
smarisetty's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 5, 2018 9:20 PM

How do I set up bgw210-700 port forwarding?

Hi,

I am some IP Camera and tried to do port forwarding, but when I test it, it appears that the ports are not open.  I did the setting in the firewall configurations for port 8080 and 8081 (UDP/TCP).  When this configuration is open, is the port opened in both directions or only one.

Is there an example of how to do it for an IP Camera.

regards

SM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Yo!

I've been trying to setup port forwarding myself.  But, no matter what service I try to add, custom or otherwise, "Needed by Device" still populates only "none".  Anyone find a solution to this?  I haven't been able to find anything solid (unless I just haven't understood).  The device is on firmware 1.10.9 .

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Had this issue on a DVR that I installed years ago where the owners switched to AT&T, ended up simply being that the default gateway in the DVR wasn't set to the new gateway of the router. Give that a check

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

If you're looking to forward a port (for whatever device) please look at terry314159's post. I'm not sure what a tablo server is but I have a Server that I remote into during the day and view attached devices connected to that server. The process terry314159 lays out works. Just remember that when you enter in the info for the IP Passthrough that you restart the router after you save the settings.

Just FYI, if you try calling ATT for tech support you will be in trouble. I got a gal that could barely communicate and tried to tell me I needed another router to connect to the AT&T Router. WHAT?????? To say I was severely disappointed in her knowledge would be an understatement. It also could be that I don't understand or speak broken English very well. I was kind of blown away that there wasn't a "port forwarding" section embedded in the router. Typically there is with most routers. 

• 

9 Messages

1 y ago

I have my gateway set for IP Passthrough > DHCP-Fixed > MAC address of my Asus RT-AC88U router (port 1 on gateway). WAN settings on the router are set for static IP (73.xxx.xxx.x). On the gateway device list it shows port 1 going to 73.xxx.xxx.x.

If I plug my web server into the Asus router and forward ports 80 and 443 on the router to static IP 192.168.1.104 (web server), it works fine and website is accessible from public internet.

However, I'd prefer to plug the web server directly into the BGW210-700 gateway to remove it from my internal LAN. So I set DHCP on the gateway to 192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.4 and plugged the web server into port 2. I also set the web server to a static IP 192.168.2.2 which is what now shows in the gateway's device list for port 2 (port 1 still shows 73.xxx.xxx.x). I can successfully browse the internet from the web server. So far, so good.

Next, I added services for port 80 and 443 in NAT/Gaming and pointed to the web server. Restarted the gateway but can't get access to my website from any public address and canyouseeme.org doesn't see the ports as being open.

Does IP Passthrough > DHCP-Fixed defeat the NAT/Gaming settings?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Edit: A few days later it just started working. I didn't make any further adjustments.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.