bolynn80's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 8:01 PM

How do I put Pace 5268AC Router in passthrough bridge mode?

Hello,

I have one of the new Pace 5268AC routers provided by AT&T Uverse and I want to put it in bridge mode so I can utilize my D-Link 3200AC Ultra Wi-Fi Router. There used to be a bridge mode setting in the past modem/router combo units that AT&T provided. However, I am unable to find how/where to put this Pace 5268AC router in bridge mode? 

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

A quick update after doing a bit of research on the actual router I tested with, the good ol' Linksys wrt45g:

It may indeed be that this router is too outdated to handle such a fast WAN connection, even though the port is rated for 100Mbps.  58% CPU utilization is actually high when you consider the router was not doing anything else.

It's a spare router my son was using when he lived in a college dorm, so it was a lot more convenient to bring that over to my friend's house for testing.  The actual router I use at home is the more powerful ASUS RTAC68U, also running DD-WRT firmware.  So I'll have to schedule an Internet "outage" with the rest of my family and test with that router, and report back to this very helpful thread.

Thanks again!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Happy to report that I went ahead and pulled the trigger and had Fiber 100Mbps installed today, and my ASUS router is handling that WAN bandwidth like a champ!

A quick note, they gave me an ARRIS BGW210 device, which I had to lookup the instructions for configuring my router behind it. and of course they're also in these forums, and had no trouble following them.

All in all, am a very happy customer with these super fast speeds!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

OliverHrdz....what kind of speeds would those be...just curious.

Regards 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I did a quick speed test on my iPhone over wifi, and even with that overhead, I got 116Mbps down/118Mbps up.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The solution put forward in #28 did, in fact, work for me with one caveat. I am not computer literate; it is all I can do to find the on/off switch on these devices. The solution set in #28 was quite easy to follow and I was pleasantly surprised when it worked first time EXCEPT that I cannot get Apple products (iPads and iPhones) to access the internet thru my wifi network. This really caught me off guard in as much as the PC's on my network have no issues whatsoever--everything is just fine. I have "renewed the leases" on all the Apple units which is all I know to do. The Apple units all access my wifi with no problem and give every indication that all is well except they cannot acquire the internet. I am at a loss. I have had to revert to using the Pace 5268 in order to keep peace in the family. The router I purchased for this project is the ASUS RT-N66W which seems to be an excellent unit and mated well with the Pace following the directions in post #28. I would dearly love to run the wifi using the ASUS/Pace combination if only I could solve the Apple issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Dvr needs 1st ip from rg. The rg wired to a switch where other devices need ip may cause issues with Dvr functionality on all stb's. U-verse of any variety behind 2 switches will fail sooner or later. Try to isolate U-verse boxes to only one switch leaving Dvr hardwired direct to rg. You have 4 yeh ports on the rg and you've used only 2 for U-verse. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

@fpuppy

Hello- I attempted to follow your instructions in post #28 to set my modem into bridge mode.  I was able to complete the steps exactly as listed in your instructions, and it said it saved configurations successfully.  However, when I rebooted the modem and my router, the settings went right back to what they were originally.  I have no idea what's going on, or why it says saved successfully, and then reverts right back to the original settings upon reboot.  Any ideas why this may be happening?  Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Worked great to get the IP Pass-through I needed in order to make my VNC work from external lans, wireless phone, etc.  The old AT&T U-Verse modem/router was much simpler to enable. Single setting click to set IP Pass-through mode and no booting required. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Remove duplicate post

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

OK, so after many hours of frustration and fiddling it seems that I have my Asus router configured behind the Pace gateway. The router has the public IP address assigned to the gateway and the gateway shows the router as being in the DMZ, i.e. all traffic is, or should be, passed to the Asus router.

But.......I still can't access my OpenVPN server that sits behind the Asus router despite having port forwarded 1194 to the IP address of the server. Has anyone else experienced difficulties in passing traffic through to the private router? If so, any solutions?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.