beaverd's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Jan 4, 2019 9:05 PM

How do I fix my router to where it doesn't restart every 5 minutes?

My AT&T router keeps randomly restarting. Once it restarts, it continues to loop 2-3 times before it comes back, until the next time it occurs. I've turned off IPv6, turned off WiFi for the 5GHZ signal and I've reset back to the factory settings. Is there any more settings I could try to enable to prevent this, or must I call a technician to my house to fix it. 

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

Do any of the lights in the front turn red before it reboots?  Have you called tech support for them to check your line?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

I've never seen it happen from the router perspective. Whenever I get to the router, the power light flashes green. I have the BGW210 router I think

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

How do I call tech support to check my line also?

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

800-288-2020 

They can do a line check from their end.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

My lines are normal. I witnessed it restart; the lights on it went off and then a single blinking light came on. Seems like a power failure but it's plugged directly into the wall. 

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

My lines are normal.

Is that your opinion, or theirs?  How do you know what's between your wall to the street connection and that street connection and beyond?  Line problem, power problem, or whatever it is, you are going end up having to have to call if it needs to be replaced.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Equipment/BGW210-700-Firmware-version-1-7-17/td-p/5742400

Check out this thread OP.  The latest firmware on the BGW210 is causing intermittent reboots.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

Interesting. We decided that it was better financially to switch to Spectrum cable & WiFi. I accepted the link as a "solution"

Thanks for your help!

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

3 y ago

Interesting. We decided that it was better financially to switch to Spectrum cable & WiFi. I accepted the link as a "solution"

I'm about to implement your "solution" here, I think.  This run of gateway fiascos has been ridiculous.  I think I've just gotten lucky by using my own firewall and running passthrough.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.